XBMC HomeSync ?
I saw something like this mentioned before, but not quite the same feature I was thinking.

With Apple, you can airplay to xbmc, or different apple devices. It would be pretty cool, if you could be watching something on one xbmc instance, say the family room, and you want to head to bed, so you click the "Play to" addon-on or feature and play it to the bedroom xbmc instance. It could play on both, or just send the play signal to another xbmc on your network.

I have 3 xbmc machines at home, and this would be incredible, if I could send or mimc one xbmc to another or all.

Is this even possible? anything out there yet?
You can setup a MySQL server so that all the machines share a database. By doing that, you can start a show in the living room, and then when you go to the bedroom and click on the movie or tv show it will ask you if you want to pick up where you left off or start new.

That's as close to what you're talking about that I know of.

Just Google "MySQL XBMC". There are several walkthroughs out there that show you what you'll need and how to do it. Some of them say it's an advanced setup, but I don't think it's that difficult.

I used the guide at howtogeek.com and it worked well for me.
Thank you to everyone for this awesome software!
I'd recommend our own XBMC Wiki guide: MySQL (wiki).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC HomeSync ?0