Linux Slower working on Ubuntu When XBMC turn on
Firstly sorry for my (Google TranslateSmile English.
I have Xbmc installed on Ubuntu. The programs when turned on XBMC ubuntu pc slowing down and can not work smoothly. How can I fix that?
When you watch the video will understand me better.

You didn't say what your system hardware specs are, so it's difficult to give any specific guidance; however, here are some general things to try:
  • If you're running Unity 3D, try changing to 2D
  • Try changing to Gnome Classic with no effects
  • Try running XBMC in fullscreen instead of windowed
  • Close XBMC if you're going to be doing a lot of other things from your desktop. Keep in mind that XBMC is designed to be used on a dedicated media center system. Sure, you can run it on any PC as just another application, but it's optimized for a media center.
  • If your hardware is inadequate, try running a more lightweight distro, such as OpenELEC or XBMCbuntu. Of course, if you need to use this PC as a multipurpose system, rather than one dedicated to XBMC, then this may not be a feasible option.
I think my hardware is enough because on windows all works smootly. Quad core 8200---GT130 GPU---6 GB Ram
2D or Gnome, xbmcbuntu it's not a alternatife for me. I need Ubuntu 3D on my pc. To see Cinema films I have htpc on my salon.
But I will that xbmc running on the corner of the screen, so i can continue to work on pc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slower working on Ubuntu When XBMC turn on1