Motorola NYXboard Review
Thumbs Up 
I love this remote!

I plugged the USB receiver in and it worked with XBMC perfectly!

The only cons I could see is there isn't a preset button to pull up the contextual menu, which is kinda a thing (this can be easily worked around with a keymap like this one). Other reviews say one of the other cons is the lack of back lighting on the remote but I don't have an issue with this. For 99% of the time I use the remote I can either see the button I'm trying to hit or I am just using a directional button or the okay which are easy to feel without looking down.

I also really like the tilt sensor capability which when the qwerty keyboard is on top XBMC opens up a search menu. Really slick. The remote feels like it's a well built device with a nice weight and a good in hand feel. I highly recommend this remote for any XBMC user. Solid 4.89 out of 5.

The remote is available here.
The remote of kings.

I think I might be sold, thanks for the review.
Ordered one of these on Friday after battling with a PS3 Remote and BT for the last month and a half. They shipped it two hours after I paid, great service. Now if only shipping would take two hours...
The custom xml file looks great, cannot wait to get my hands on this thing.
I just got mine last week after my old MCE remote died (ok, I threw, it). After years of remotes that are "ok" I was happy to have one that worked flawlessly with my linux xbmc setup.

Best of all? I can take care of updates admin tasks from the couch using the keyboard on the back!
(2012-07-01, 14:56)cat0 Wrote: Ordered one of these on Friday after battling with a PS3 Remote and BT for the last month and a half. They shipped it two hours after I paid, great service. Now if only shipping would take two hours...
The custom xml file looks great, cannot wait to get my hands on this thing.

The custom xml is pretty good but a little more robust than I needed, I just took a part of the one I shared and am using it. Having too many custom keys becomes confussing to me but having the context menu and the watched toggle is extremely helpful. Just FYI.
The remote is a nice size, and nicely smaller than the XP MCE remote I was using before. But it's not built very well. The thing has a lot of flex in it and the battery cover on mine is slightly concave. Also the RF sensor is dodgy and doesn't work from a cold-start.

The custom keyboard.xml that was posted also seems to conflict with Aeon MQ3 (media play buttons executing two functions). Will have to investigate that.

It's a nice remote, but I don't think it's worth the £30 odd price tag. The remote that was budled with the iMon display i have is easily comparible in quality to the Nyxboard, the only downside to that remote is the mouse pointer is way too sensitive. OK, it doesn't have the keyboard of the Nyxboard, but since the CTRL and ALT keys are missing, the keyboard's usefulness is debatable anyway.

So all-in-all, if you already have a credible alternative, don't expect this thing to fill you with awe. It's nice, but it's not a MUST-HAVE.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Motorola NYXboard Review0