Linux [SOLVED] Progress bar no longer hides
Since this night, the progress bar (with time info) no longer hides during playback. Restarting XBMC and my computer did not help and it seems to be an issue with all videos.

Is this a feature I inadvertently toggled or did something break?
Pressing "escape" doesn't hide it? Maybe your mouse is moving slightly, causing it to show up. Happens a lot with optical mice that sit on certain surfaces that reflect the light back in a funny way.

Debug log (wiki) might also give clues.
I only have a remote (using LIRC) for XBMC - no mouse or keyboard. I tried all buttons on my remote figuring that it might be a feature which got mapped somehow...

So far I can't find anything.

My plan B is to remove the profile and start over - but I'd rather not do that for obvious reasons....

Update: I jut noticed that every now and then the "Seeking" indicator remains on screen as well. This is from a normal start, so no seeking was done. Actually skipping in the video results in double overlays, one of which will be hidden and the other remains.

Update 2: changing skins does not help either. I just switched to Alaska and the "Searching" panel (which includes the progress bar) stays visible
Solved!

I just found out that the PS3 controller that I plugged in every now and then works like a normal input device! So when I moved it during playback and the video jumped I figured it out: and voila, unplugging it immediately hid the overlay.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] Progress bar no longer hides0