• 253(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4
(2013-08-08, 13:49)cw-kid Wrote: I didn't know you could add a single source twice? Once as a Movie and once as a TV Shows? Interesting will have to check that out.

I'm pretty sure you can, but I could stand corrected.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

I love the Skin but there is one thing I wish it could do and that is what Aeon Nox enables and that's Tv tune download and selection for each of your shows. Can Aeon MQ4 play mp3 sound tracks when you enter each TV show or is this not a feature. I'm not sureHuh
(2013-08-08, 21:36)rattyjunk Wrote: I love the Skin but there is one thing I wish it could do and that is what Aeon Nox enables and that's Tv tune download and selection for each of your shows. Can Aeon MQ4 play mp3 sound tracks when you enter each TV show or is this not a feature. I'm not sureHuh

Yes, but you have to enable it by going to the top menu in the tv show info window, instead of in the skin settings where it seems most other skins control it.

scott s.
(2013-08-06, 15:58)gnenad Wrote: I have movies in showcase mode. I already run artwork downloader
I want movies logo to be displayed but i cant figure how to set it up.
Any help please?

Bump for answer
(2013-08-10, 17:24)gnenad Wrote:
(2013-08-06, 15:58)gnenad Wrote: I have movies in showcase mode. I already run artwork downloader
I want movies logo to be displayed but i cant figure how to set it up.
Any help please?

Bump for answer

Logos aren't shown in showcase view. If you press i you should see them though, and they will be shown in other views, such as showart.

Thx Samu-rai.
Forgive me if this is a stupid question but is there any Android based set boxes that can run this skin and play 1080P content? I have this skin running on my PC and im so used to it that i would love to be able to run it on an Android box ( when i get one ) ( so many choices lol )
Guys, I m using MQ4 skin and I m very satisfied with it except for one minor asthetic thing:

At this moment I have to go to movies and press arrow down to get to the trailers menu but I want the TRAILERS next to my MOVIES in the main menu.
Is it possible to get TRAILERS in my MAIN MENU (startup/home screen)?
Don't dream your life, live your dream
(2013-08-12, 01:03)jjmucker Wrote: Forgive me if this is a stupid question but is there any Android based set boxes that can run this skin and play 1080P content? I have this skin running on my PC and im so used to it that i would love to be able to run it on an Android box ( when i get one ) ( so many choices lol )

I wouldn't think so. MQ4 is processor hungry, and I wouldn't have thought that the android boxes (which I understand to be built to be light weight) could handle it.

I have an MX2 Midnight G-Box which I'm using Aeon Nox on. (Nox does have a problem when it opens which several users have confirmed in the support forums for the box but once you've gone past that it runs okay. I'll put MQ4 on tonight and give it a try and post my findings.
(2013-08-13, 12:27)mikeplow1961 Wrote: I have an MX2 Midnight G-Box which I'm using Aeon Nox on. (Nox does have a problem when it opens which several users have confirmed in the support forums for the box but once you've gone past that it runs okay. I'll put MQ4 on tonight and give it a try and post my findings.

No go I'm afraid. MQ4 was sluggish and froze the box several times, incl the Skinners cut. MQ3 runs okay .

I've tested all other skins on the G-Box and they all run just fine. As mentioned previously, with Aeon Nox XBMC boots up into it showing a blank background and menu bar. You have to press ANDROID and RETURN on the remote then it's fine.
MQ4 wasn’t really designed to be used with low powered devices.

MQ5 is however, so hopefully once released you will be able to run it.

Hello,

I've installed xbmc frodo 12.2 and aeon mq4! very great!

there is one problem downloading the "extra pack"

following error occours:

11:49:37 T:139823023445760 ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 810, in __bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/skin.aeonmq.4/media/extras/aeonmq4_extrapack/updater_class.py", line 22, in run
fnc = self.obj.Update()
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/skin.aeonmq.4/media/extras/aeonmq4_extrapack/updater_class.py", line 236, in Update
self.BackedUpFiles.append(self.MakeBackup(file))
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/skin.aeonmq.4/media/extras/aeonmq4_extrapack/updater_class.py", line 131, in MakeBackup
if os.path.isfile(OriginalFilePath.decode('utf-8')):
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/genericpath.py", line 29, in isfile
st = os.stat(path)
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 89-90: ordinal not in range(128)
11:49:37 T:139823645312768 NOTICE: Update finished
11:49:40 T:139823645312768 WARNING: The python script "special://skin/media/extras/aeonmq4_extrapack/default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: Window

how can i solve the problem or is there a alternative download method?

greets
zesar
You can download it here, and then manually extract, and place it in:

\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons

Thank you all. So which android box would one recommend that could run an MQ skin and run 1080p smooth?

(2013-08-13, 14:15)Samu-rai Wrote: MQ4 wasn’t really designed to be used with low powered devices.

MQ5 is however, so hopefully once released you will be able to run it.

I hope so mate. that would be great.
  • 253(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 456