Problem playing avi's
I'm running a WHS2011 microserver loaded with 8TB of drives serving a revo xbmc live, emachines openelec and 4 windows PCs.

Ive encountered a weird problem that I cant understand how its occurring in the openelec machine.

Problem 1. Scanning, misses the majority of films and TV shows on the server. I know the naming protocol is sound as every other machine picks them up on a scan.

Problem 2. I can see the files if I use the "files" option. However, I have one show which is split into season folders inside the show name. Season 1 is detected and plays fine. Season 2 isnt seen and selecting to play under files, a thumbnail is made for each episode, but fails to play. These shows play fine in all the other machines. They are simple xvid SD files. If it plays season 1, then it should play season 2.

hopefully thats enough info to suggest a few things to do / look at. But if not, please ask away and I'll do my best to provide any info needed. I have a feeling I might be better off just blowing the OS away and starting from scratch. If thats the case, which is the best to try out?

Apologies if its a bit vague!

^^^^^ Just to add, when scanning I'd say 80% of files are not being detected, even though they are detected on the other machines. Once its been scanned, it doesnt seem to detect anything new that gets added. the show mentioned above (Breaking Bad), the season that plays is Exactly the same as the other seasons which wont scan and wont play from "files", despite an image thumbnail from the show being displayed (indicating to me its seeing it and can read it fine.)
If it helps.... this is the spec for the emachine that this openelec is installed on....

http://cpc.farnell.com/acer/pt-nbzec-004...=SB0469196

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem playing avi's1