Windows Vs Openelec Vs XBMCbuntu
Iam currently running both my xbmc machines with Openelec and although I like the simplicity of it I have noticed lately the amount of Times the system hangs or freezes and I have to manually reboot the PC to get it working again. This has made me think about using another alternative perhaps using Windows or XBMCbuntu can someone give an opinion on which they think is the best to run XBMC on and if Windows is Windows 7 the best version

The hanging issues appear to be even through basic navigation of software or attempting to use one of the adkins I have tried several different skins and still get the same issue
I cannot comment on other software other than Windows 7 64-bit. It work great on all my HTPC's. It's the most flexible option for me, because it give me option to enjoy streaming Netflix/Vudu/Hulu HD, bitstreaming HD audio, surf the net, etc.......
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks I am going to try it can i ask do you know where I can find a guide on how to program a rc6 mce remote for xbmc in windows I have one for Openelec but it does not work with windows also a list of commands to enter so I can create a .xml file to use
(2012-06-30, 18:59)protocol77 Wrote: Thanks I am going to try it can i ask do you know where I can find a guide on how to program a rc6 mce remote for xbmc in windows I have one for Openelec but it does not work with windows also a list of commands to enter so I can create a .xml file to use
Customized MCE RC6 Remote Setup The Easy Way

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows Vs Openelec Vs XBMCbuntu0