[SOLVED]Major Content Adding Problem
Just recently (today, in fact) XBMC started adding content that I did not add myself. Suddenly it found all my music, which I do not use XBMC to play, as well as all of my TV Shows and Movies even after I removed all my video sources. The worst part is that it is mis-categorizing all these files, so when I go to Movies I get every single video file I have on the network drive I store all my media on... TV Shows, Movies, general videos... They all get filed under Movies.

Worst yet I have no idea how it is getting these sources, so I cannot even remove the content.

What in the world is going on?

I did just activate a DLNA server, so I suspect this may have something to do with it, however, I cannot find any XBMC settings that address DLNA... Obviously I do not want the program to automatically assume I want all DLNA-shared content added to my libraries especially if it is going to add them incorrectly.
Unless something changed, you still have to add the DLNA servers as a source. Make sure you are looking at file view to see what sources you have added. You can also look at the sources.xml file in your userdata folder to edit it manually.
(2012-06-30, 20:57)kricker Wrote: Unless something changed, you still have to add the DLNA servers as a source. Make sure you are looking at file view to see what sources you have added. You can also look at the sources.xml file in your userdata folder to edit it manually.

What a weird situation... I ended up deleting the sources.xml and mediasources.xml (both of which had sources in them that didn't even exist). Even after doing that updating my library would STILL scan sources that I never added! I finally disconnected my network drive, cleaned my entire library, then re-added everything.

Seems to be functioning now. Thanks for the tip about the xml files, I would have never thought to look there.

Thanks again.
Good to hear it you got it sorted out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED]Major Content Adding Problem0