XBMC stop create folders I have deleted
When i'm done watching a movie i delete it from windows. But each time i startup XBMC i creates the movie folders i have deleted. How do i stop it from create something that I have deleted?
XBMC does not create folders. If you delete the movie from within XBMC, it does not delete the folder it was in or any related files. XBMC only deletes the movie file.
also, if you delete the actual folder and its been scanned into the library, it will stay in the library until you remove it from there as well.
Could it be one of the plugins?
There's an option to "clean the library" in Settings/Videos/Library (wiki), and there's even a way to do this every time you start up. However, I would recommend just enabling file deletion within XBMC (Settings/Appearance/File lists (wiki)) and just delete files from within XBMC (select the entry, bring up the contextual menu, and select delete). That way it deletes the file and removes it from XBMC in one step, and is remote control friendly.
Still, if you have movies organized into seperate folders, the folders for the movies and any extra files will not be deleted.
*smacks his forehead*

oops, I totally glossed over that, even though you guys were just talking about it in this very thread.

I wonder if that should be a feature request, that if a movie is in a folder, then deletion should include the folder and other contains within.
I think it would be good, but what about TV series folders. You do not want to delete one episode and have it delete all the others and root folder that may have something new added to it later. It would be a good feature, but with all new features it needs a bit of logic behind it. We'd need to work that out before starting a ticket for it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC stop create folders I have deleted0