Win Would no audio cause freezing?
Just a fairly quick an hopefully easy question to ask, would having no audio device connected cause XBMC to have major issues during playback?

I'm currently having problems, in that 7-8 seconds after a video starts it will simply freeze on screen however the timer keeps going, and I can still use the program just fine.

It also happens at the loading of files, though usually a play/pause fixes this. It will also happen if I pause, skip ahead, and start playback again. Exactly on 7-8s it will freeze. I can pause it, move it ahead again, same thing after 7-8s it pauses.

Reason I ask is i'm inthe process of obtaining an audio output device, but if this isn't going to work I don't want to bother with it and i'll just run it purely as a file server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated please Smile

I don't know how to get pastebin into here, so here's the link:
http://pastebin.com/5m94FRQb
I think having no audio endpoint does cause playback issues. XBMC expects some sort of audio device in the playback chain. A dev could speak more intelligently on the matter though.
Yep, my only concern is that if this isn't a "normal" occurrence then it's something which will give me grief in a weeks time once I install the new GPU (hdmi audio output).
Yes.

The problem is that if Win7 doesn't detect an audio device it helpfully disables your sound card. This trips up XBMC and results in symptoms like the ones you report. Try plugging in a pair of headphones and see if that helps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Would no audio cause freezing? 0