Android remote for multiple installs
I have had this problem for a wile but it is about to get bigger.

I have a htpc for the TV with xbmclive installed, a ubuntu laptop with xbmc on it, both of which pull media and library from the Linux server. And I would like to buy another new htpc style box to just play music a bit like Nexus Q.

My problem is that the android remote will only work on my htpc. This hasn't been to much of an issue until the new music box will turn up as it has been just as easy to use the keyboard on the laptop as it would have been to use the android remote app.

So is it possible to have the remote work with multiple installs?
you should be able to add multiple "hosts" to your android app. its been a while since i used it, but im pretty sure you can switch by clicking the options hard/soft button on your phone after setting up your hosts in the options of the app

I have switched to using web interface controls, and have customized my own, but there are many good ones posted in the addons section. What i did was create a simple landing page with 2 frames, top for navigation, and the bottom for the web interface. the navigation links to each of my xbmc boxes and loads the web interface i selected in that installs settings. this allows me to float around the house and easily switch between my various xbmc clients.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android remote for multiple installs0