"My Scripts", Python Scripts displayed as in "My Programs"
is it possible to run scripts just by adding a link in my programs?
that would be nearly what i need..

i want to put shortcuts just on youtube script and stuff like that..
how should such an entry look like?

<item>
<name> GoogleVideos </name>
<path>c:\scripts\script.py</path>
</item>

am i right?

thx
MeisterEder Wrote:anything new about this topic?

i really like the idea to have a menu "my scripts" wich can be organized by an xml file for quick access to often used scripts!

.. could keep the scripts submenu in addition for the rest of the scripts.

greets

Agree!

/S
This is already possible. You would need to create a custom window. In that custom window, you add button controls and use <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(Q:\Scripts\Scriptname.py)</onclick>. Lastly you need to make your menu accessible using the Xbmc.ActivateWindow(12345) command. This can be the onclick action for a button in the skin, or you can map this command to a gamepad or remote button in keymap.xml
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Now that we start to have phyton scritps (Space Invaders is really awesome!!! Big Grin ) i have think to "organize" a little the scripts folders. It's said: we have at XbmcScripts.com some script categories. Well: my idea is that the installer put each script at a folder with it category at the XBox, so they should be more easy to found: script games in a sub-folder, streaming scripts in another... This could get another point: at Proyect Mayhem III scripts button (the blue button at down right of the script) there would be an "All my scripts" option similar to the "All my programs" option of XP, so you can navigate by them without have to open the folder and without have to see all the scripts, and maybe show the script icon if it has it.

And another idea i has... put a link at My Programs to "Q:\\scripts" in the same way there is one now for programs, emulators and games.

And, of course, if it's possible "force" to the people to use the scripts standarts of "default.py" and "default.tbn" for look the pretty... Big Grin
Most of what the majority of you are asking for can already, very easily be done if you edit your skins... I did much of this already in mine.

What we REALLY need is ability to access the Scripts folder via a standard list, like My Programs does, but be able to hide specified folders that we do not want the general public to see. Then have a passworded way to show them when we need to.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"My Scripts", Python Scripts displayed as in "My Programs"0