Reactivate Mouse After Wake
I am running XBMCbuntu Eden on an Acer Revo3700 box and other than setting some specific settings for the audio setup, everything runs fine.

The Issue I am having is that when XBMC screensaver times out and the TV I have connected via HDMI turns off, when I power the TV back on and hit a button on Adesso MCE remote, the system wakes up but the mouse is no longer active on the system.

I have the USB Infrared receiver for the Adesso MCE remote as well as the USB Wireless adapter for the supplied wireless keyboard and mouse that came with the Acer PC connected and when I boot up, all three devices work. After the wake from the screen saver (the PC doesn't sleep, only the monitor), the Adesso remote still works and so does the Wireless Keyboard but the mouse control on the Adesson remote and the wireless Acer Mouse both don't work.

I am pretty sure the mouse service is stopping and not restarting. This was also occurring when I was running 10.x XBMCLive on this same computer.

Any suggestions? THe issue is that there are some right mouse button context screens that I cannot get to when the mouse functionality doesn't work.
We might have fixed this but not sure. Could you try http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1137194 and report back if the problem still exists?

If the problem is not fixed, please provide a debug log.
Not sure what to put into the vendor and device ID.
Here is output from lsusb:
sudo lsusb
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 05a4:9881 Ortek Technology, Inc.
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 04f2:0963 Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd

Notice I have two devices. Can I put two line for each device in the .rules file?
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0471", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0815" RUN+="/bin/sh -c 'echo enabled > /sys$env{DEVPATH}/../power/wakeup'"

Also what would be the dev path for Edec XBMCbuntu or is the relative pathing in as shown above OK?
Any suggestions?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Reactivate Mouse After Wake0