3D HTPC IvyBridge Build (now w/ pics)
(2012-07-08, 15:43)mikev927 Wrote: As you can see in the picture the power filter has the same blue lights so it actually doesn't bother me at all. I honestly don't pay attention to it.
The graphics processor holds up great. Haven't had any issues so far, but i'll keep you posted.
The only thing I can hear is the fans cause theres 3 of them, but its so small, once the movie starts you don't hear it.
The case is actually wildly cool, even with it not having a large opening to breathe. Last night I ripped about 15 blus and even after it was like it was just turned on.

Cool. I forgot to ask. I was reading the feedback on newegg for the ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M and two reviewers had problems with the bios/system keeping the correct date/time. Did you run into this issue?
Thanks for the post, gave me some items to research for my first HTPC build. (Will probably use the same case, as it is cheaper than the LIAN LI case I was considering.)

I am still trying to figure out the remote and what it is needed to make it work. Got to have something that is wife/kid friendly, but also have a separate key board so that I can make changes to the HTPC when needed. (We currently have a Logitech Harmony One, but I have to replace it since my son broke the LCD screen……it’s a great remote tho.)

Thanks again for posting your build.

I just found Eskro's post on remotes and the Logitech is even listed....one less thing I have to teach the wife how to use LOL.
(2012-07-08, 19:35)stacked Wrote: Cool. I forgot to ask. I was reading the feedback on newegg for the ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M and two reviewers had problems with the bios/system keeping the correct date/time. Did you run into this issue?

nope no problems
(2012-07-08, 20:16)Mr Del D Wrote: Thanks for the post, gave me some items to research for my first HTPC build. (Will probably use the same case, as it is cheaper than the LIAN LI case I was considering.)

I am still trying to figure out the remote and what it is needed to make it work. Got to have something that is wife/kid friendly, but also have a separate key board so that I can make changes to the HTPC when needed. (We currently have a Logitech Harmony One, but I have to replace it since my son broke the LCD screen……it’s a great remote tho.)

Thanks again for posting your build.

I just found Eskro's post on remotes and the Logitech is even listed....one less thing I have to teach the wife how to use LOL.

i actually have the 1 too but dont use it. i got the new nmediapc keyboard mouse pad and its awesome. this build was great and cost me under $1000!
i used ASSASSIN's guides and they were great, and if they know how to use a computer they will have no problem with this what so ever
Hello.

Being a novice here I have read this article with interest.
I am planning to build a similar HTPC myself but I am not able to get the Asrock motherboard from my suplier so I will use a ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, Socket-1155 instead.

One question though.
In your configuration you are not mention any graphic adaptor.
I assume you are using the graphic adaptor included in the CPU ?
Have you tried your HTPC with 3D movies yet ?
Someone told me that I probaply would need a graphic card to get 3D via HDMI but I dont know if that is so ...

Thanks,
the motherboard im using and the cpu/gpu combo can process the 3d with no problem, but i havent done any yet on the system... ill let you know as soon as i can!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D HTPC IvyBridge Build (now w/ pics)1