Problems Jailbreaking
just bought an apple TV today and was trying to set it up for XBMC
i am using windows 7 to try and set this up
followed all the steps using seas0npass once it gets to the part that im putting the USB cable in, is ware i have an issue

initially i did it with no power cable or HDMI as the page i was following said
doing it this way nothing would light up on my ATV2

I tried doing it with the power cable plugged in and then unplugging it as soon as DFU mode was set
the ATV2 powered off and seas0npass was just sitting there waiting for an update to happen that would not progress

then i tried doing it with the power cable plugged in the whole time
once DFU mode sets itunes appears to be starting an update but then for a split second there is an error message and then it disappears from my screen
i have been unable to read the error or catch a screenshot so i have no idea what error it is
at this time seas0npass will tell me that it worked
however after testing the ATV2 it is not jailbroken

i have no other apple devices connected, and my itunes is the newest version
i dont think i have another micro USB cable to try and use
i know this one works however i have used it today to sync my logitech harmony remote
Hopefully i can get a quick reply
try first to run start ( in win 7 ), then type only "ipsw" and see if u have old version of soft, if u can see it, just delete it, then go at the seasonpass web and download latest ver, then, go with same procedure...for latest soft, u dont need to have power cable and hdmi pluged, is tethered job...
just deleted all firmware saved, re-downloaded the newest version of seas0npass, tried the jailbreak again
got to unplugging the power cable and plugging in the usb cable
cannot get any light on the ATV2 without the power cable plugged in
XBMC.org is not a jailbreaking website

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems Jailbreaking0