New NAS, Easy Way To Modify All Shares, Favorites, Etc?
So I am installing a new NAS tonight. It will be running Windows 7 until I figure out what I want to do long term (unRAID, FLEXRAID, WHS, etc.). Right now in my ghetto WinXP NAS I have 1x250gig OS drive and 4x2TB data only drives on my ghetto NAS. All of my HTPC's point to the 4 data drives. I plan moving the 4 data drives into my new rig and adding another 2TB drive which will eventually become a parity drive and a new 500gig OS drive. My old OS drive was IDE and my new mobo doesn't have an IDE port and I am fine with that.

Having said all of that, my shares will stay the same, only my computer name will change. Is there an easy way to change the shares, favorites on my HTPCs to reflect the new NAS as the source?

I was thinking of:
Going into userdata/sources.xml and replace all smb://OldNasName with smb://NewNasName
Going into userdata/favourites.xml and userdata/guisettings.xml and replacing all smb%3a%2f%2fOldNasName with smb%3a%2f%2fNewNasName for multipaths and the above for single paths.

Would this work? Are there any other places I would need to change? Is there an easier way? I guess I could just rename my new NAS the same name as my old to avoid all of this, but I'd really like to have a new name.

Do those two files, as they'll need it too, but you will also have to do an additional find/replace step for the actual DB as well.

What you should do is first backup your userdata (wiki) folder in case something goes wrong here.

Export your library System/Videos/Library (wiki), and select "Single file"

Close XBMC

It should produce a folder with an XML file inside. Open the XML file with a text editor and do the find/replace for the old/new file paths on that as well.

In your userdata (wiki) folder (not the backup one) delete the file in userdata/database/MyVideos60.db

Open XBMC and import library in System/Videos/Library (wiki) and select the exported folder.

This should repopulate your library without adding duplicates (which is why we deleted the old video DB), but with the correct file path.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New NAS, Easy Way To Modify All Shares, Favorites, Etc?0