Live TV / EPG - Any Love Planned?
Hey Phil65 and Noid -

First - thanks for the awesome skin! I LOVE the way that it utilizes media info and allows for such flexible configuration.

I'm hoping that you guys have some love planned for the Live TV section of the skin. Right now I actually have to revert over to Confluence because of the instability that the Aeon Live TV causes. I was also thinking that there is a major opportunity to spice these menus up, since they are largely ignored by skin developers.

Here are the issues and suggestions that would really polish this up:

1. Issue: EPG Bug. Every time I open up the Live TV Menu and arrow down past Radio and into EPG, it causes a crash which force-quits XBMC. Unfortunately this is a deal-breaker for me at the moment, and I can't figure out how to fix the issue, even after attempting the fix outlined in this post.

2. Issue: Live TV menus lose their icons quite often, this issue is highlighted in pictures on the link mentioned above.

3. Issue: EPG grid is too skinny to properly display the PVR check box - I think that the grid needs to be a bit fatter for each row. The checkbox indicating when you have a recording scheduled actually crosses the boundary of the row.

4. Enhancement: Enable customization on the submenus of the Live TV Menu Item. This way I could do something like remove radio (which I don't use).

5. Enhancement: Add a widget for showing newest recordings, and perhaps upcoming recordings

(I understand that these next 2 might actually be coding features to suggest to the PVR Dev team, but thought I'd throw them out)

6. Enhancement: Add EPG coloring by genre

7. Enhancement: When clicking on a currently-playing TV show, just play the show. Don't pop a menu and force the user to click 'Switch'

Anyway, hopefully these make sense. I feel like a really nice rich Live TV feature could help Aeon stick out in the crowd even more than it does now!

Thanks again for the awesome skin.
(2012-07-02, 23:28)XBMCUser4657 Wrote: Hey Phil65 and Noid -

First - thanks for the awesome skin! I LOVE the way that it utilizes media info and allows for such flexible configuration.

I'm hoping that you guys have some love planned for the Live TV section of the skin. Right now I actually have to revert over to Confluence because of the instability that the Aeon Live TV causes. I was also thinking that there is a major opportunity to spice these menus up, since they are largely ignored by skin developers.

Here are the issues and suggestions that would really polish this up:

1. Issue: EPG Bug. Every time I open up the Live TV Menu and arrow down past Radio and into EPG, it causes a crash which force-quits XBMC. Unfortunately this is a deal-breaker for me at the moment, and I can't figure out how to fix the issue, even after attempting the fix outlined in this post.

2. Issue: Live TV menus lose their icons quite often, this issue is highlighted in pictures on the link mentioned above.

3. Issue: EPG grid is too skinny to properly display the PVR check box - I think that the grid needs to be a bit fatter for each row. The checkbox indicating when you have a recording scheduled actually crosses the boundary of the row.

4. Enhancement: Enable customization on the submenus of the Live TV Menu Item. This way I could do something like remove radio (which I don't use).

5. Enhancement: Add a widget for showing newest recordings, and perhaps upcoming recordings

(I understand that these next 2 might actually be coding features to suggest to the PVR Dev team, but thought I'd throw them out)

6. Enhancement: Add EPG coloring by genre

7. Enhancement: When clicking on a currently-playing TV show, just play the show. Don't pop a menu and force the user to click 'Switch'

Anyway, hopefully these make sense. I feel like a really nice rich Live TV feature could help Aeon stick out in the crowd even more than it does now!

Thanks again for the awesome skin.

you´re right pvr doesn´t get too much attention since i do not really record stuff, i only watch tv with it.
i do not have any crashes, please try our git version. i assume you´re using 3.0.1?

download here: https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/zipball/master
changelog here: https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/blob...ngelog.txt

feedback is welcome as usual.

i´ll take some other things you mentioned into consideration when i find some time (and when it´s possible at all). would be nice if you would add it to our github issues list:
https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/issues

thx
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Yes, I'm using 3.0.1, and I've tried switching to the GIT with the same crash - it happens very consistently, even when I push 'E' on the keyboard for the EPG menu. I will see if I can add to the git list. Thanks for the response!
I'd love to see some enhancements in the livetv area too Smile

For me, I don't get any crashes, but quite often while browsing in timeline view the whole grid disappears.. until I go back to main menu and then back to live tv again.
When timeline is working it tends to be quite crowded with lots of scrolling text (show titles) since the time window visible is quite large, it may be nice to have an option of only viewing an hour or two ahead to de-clutter a little?
I also see the icons disappearing as noted by xbmcuser4657.

Anyway, glad to hear there may be improvements on the way - Aeon Nox is defintately staying on my box Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV / EPG - Any Love Planned?0