[SOLVED] Need help with cofiguring remote
There are 3 buttons that do not work that I care about: Windows key, Info button, and Subtitles button

I installed the add-on MCERemote, which makes these buttons work. However, it also disables my Power Button

Does anyone know if, based off the information above, there is a specific thing I can do to figure this out?

Many thanks in advance!
Open the MCERemote add-on, select "Configure MCERemote settings", scroll down to find "Power" in the list and see what it's set to. It should be set to mce.
You are a lifesaver!

I was not able to find that nugget of information from any XBMC Wiki page, and I don't think with all the searching in the world I would have came across that.

My problem was that in MCERemote Default Settings, it showed Power as " " (Blank).

I typed "mce" in there, rebooted, and it worked!

Huuuuuuge thanks!

To put the icing on the cake, there is one other annoyance:

With my last HTPC, I was able to use the keypad for text input (pressing 1 made "a", then "b", etc.). However, right now my remote just inputs the number.

Do you know how to change that? I have a feeling that I should be replacing the input value in MCARemote Settings, but I don't know what to put in there
There isn't a way to use the numeric keys for text input into an edit control. Some remotes, like the AURC-001 (http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Remote_Contr...MCE_remote) could be switched into SMS mode, but this was done by the handset not by XBMC.

You can use the numeric keys for jumping in sorted lists, e.g. press 2 once to jump to titles starting with "a", twice to jump to the "b"s and so on. However this only works for jumping in lists and not for text input.
(2012-07-03, 19:50)jhsrennie Wrote: There isn't a way to use the numeric keys for text input into an edit control. Some remotes, like the AURC-001 (http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Remote_Contr...MCE_remote) could be switched into SMS mode, but this was done by the handset not by XBMC.

You can use the numeric keys for jumping in sorted lists, e.g. press 2 once to jump to titles starting with "a", twice to jump to the "b"s and so on. However this only works for jumping in lists and not for text input.

I was definitely entering text into XBMC text fields using the same remote, but on my other HTPC!

However I'm not really that concerned about it... I'm just happy that I have those other buttons working Big Grin

Thanks!
(2012-07-03, 05:29)altoiddealer Wrote: There are 3 buttons that do not work that I care about: Windows key, Info button, and Subtitles button

I installed the add-on MCERemote, which makes these buttons work. However, it also disables my Power Button

Does anyone know if, based off the information above, there is a specific thing I can do to figure this out?

Many thanks in advance!

Im lookin forward buyin remote for Xbmc Windows (Os Windows 7) ... so tell me pls which remote did u buy ... Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] Need help with cofiguring remote0