OS X xbmc thumbnails don't sync
Have setup an sql server so i can sync xbmc library at home. Have got it working so far that i can see the files on all devices but the problem is that i can't get the thumbnails to sync. I can see episode info but imiges don't show up.
The thumbnails don't sync on the local machine i try to set up the library or on the server. Have set upp in the thumbnail folder so that it is read and write adress and in the advanced settings i have set te line for syncing as
<from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/</from>
<to>afp:/user:password@/my_share/xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails</to>
Anyone one that has some tips what i'm doing wrong? Or if there is any info that is missing?
Have you copied your thumbs from your local machine to the server?

And check again the syntaxis, I think you are missing a '/' in the afp line. afp://user ...

And probably the from line should be like this: <from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails</from>
I started with the library fresh, what i found wierd was that thumbnails don't show up on the local machines thumbnail folder when i scan. Even if they sync to the server shouldn't it stilll show up in the local machine thumbnail.
folder?
Will cheak to see that the path is right when i get homeSmile
I have almost got it working now just one problem left. I can se thumbnails from my share but when i try to select one for a show it does not use it.
the log says: 21:52:56 T:2958184448 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/3/3cdbbddc.tbn
To me it looks weird that it goes looking for the local file on the computer but i lets me choose the thumbnail that i want to use from the server
my advanced settings file looks like this:
<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.90</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_video</name>
</videodatabase>
<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/</from>
<to>afp://user:[email protected]/thumb/</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>
(2012-07-03, 11:46)Krieg Wrote: And probably the from line should be like this: <from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails</from>

special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/ is correct. Syncing the images in the root Thumbnails folder doesn't give any benefit to the library.
Need full debug log (wiki) via pastebin.com

The log will think it is a local path for thumbs, but it's really using the network path. That's how path subs work, by making one path look like another.
here is the log: http://pastebin.com/h9hFWEx9
Hmm, not sure. I'd double check that the network path is correct, because the log is saying that it can't find a folder called "thumb" on that AFP share. It might appear to XBMC to be nested in another folder or something?

One trick might be to try to add that folder as a video share via the zeroconf browser, then look at how XBMC formats the network path before you save the source/share.
it's workingBig Grin i can't really say why all i did was change the path to get thumbnail from to <from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/</from>
and then it started working. Thanks for taking your time to help me outSmile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc thumbnails don't sync0