Option to start a few seconds early when resuming stopped video
A good feature on most Audio book players for Android is that when resuming playback from a stopped file, the player automatically starts playback some seconds before the stop was made. This helps the listener to get back in the story, even if the playback is started only 10 seconds early.
I think this would be very helpful for movies and TV series as well. An option in settings couls be set to the wanted number of seconds. I would suffice with an advancedSetting for this as well, perhaps <video><earlyresume>?
Asus motherboard
Intel i5 8500
6 GB RAM
Win 10 64bit
why? Just use the command "Step back" (Left Arrow Key on the Keyboard)
Though it takes you back 30secs, you would have to manually unpause anyways and if you are resuming from a completely stopped video same reason. Why have this setting when you can just as easily do this with your remote/keyboard when you are resuming?

Also Please look for similar requests before posting the EXACT SAME THING
Skip back after video un-pause
Can just use that little addon i've hacked up (should work on Eden and upwards - but you have to disable / enable the addon after changing the jumpback setting):

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30371861/script...pback2.zip

edit: link updated with eden compatible version
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-07-04, 08:23)isamu.dragon Wrote: why? Just use the command "Step back" (Left Arrow Key on the Keyboard)
Though it takes you back 30secs, you would have to manually unpause anyways and if you are resuming from a completely stopped video same reason. Why have this setting when you can just as easily do this with your remote/keyboard when you are resuming?

Also Please look for similar requests before posting the EXACT SAME THING
Skip back after video un-pause

Thanks for answering, even if I sense a hint of frustration in the answer. Wink
Why? Since it is always better imo to have things done automatically instead of doing it manually. And as you state, 30 seconds is not 10 seconds.
As for the search, I did a search and found the thread that you refer to. However, as I write, I would like to have this option from when resuming from stop, not pause. So, I don't think it is the "EXACT SAME THING".

(2012-07-05, 16:14)Memphiz Wrote: Can just use that little addon i've hacked up (should work on Eden and upwards - but you have to disable / enable the addon after changing the jumpback setting):

Great, I'll check it out, thanks!!!
Asus motherboard
Intel i5 8500
6 GB RAM
Win 10 64bit
(2012-07-05, 16:14)Memphiz Wrote: Can just use that little addon i've hacked up (should work on Eden and upwards - but you have to disable / enable the addon after changing the jumpback setting):

Thanks Memphiz, very useful plugin.
There's SmallStepBack which does 7sec by default.
(2012-07-09, 03:38)live4ever Wrote: There's SmallStepBack which does 7sec by default.

Still the need for user interaction.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to start a few seconds early when resuming stopped video0