Video Streaming to iPad
Hi there,

Right now i have a pc with xbmc running and able to stream over wifi to another pc/notebook.
Is it possible to stream movie/video from your xbmc server to any iOS device like iPod/iPad?
and what device could replace my pc as xbmc server?
My suggestion would be to jailbreak the iPad and/or iPod and install XBMC directly on them :D
(2012-07-28, 04:48)Ned Scott Wrote: My suggestion would be to jailbreak the iPad and/or iPod and install XBMC directly on them Big Grin

Hi Scott, thanks for the reply.
Yes, of course it is Big Grin Is XBMC as a client compatible with any upnp/dlna server application? In some case i would like to replace my PC with a media player like Xtreamer or AC Ryan
XBMC will act as a UPnP client, however you can't scan media from a UPnP server into the library so it's not as nice as reading media from an SMB or NFS server.

What OS are you running on your server? I don't have an iPad, but I believe they can open files with WebDav. If your server is running Windows you can configure it as a WebDav server. I'm sure the same is true for Linux, though doing this on XBMCbuntu may be an ordeal.
(2012-07-28, 20:03)jhsrennie Wrote: XBMC will act as a UPnP client, however you can't scan media from a UPnP server into the library so it's not as nice as reading media from an SMB or NFS server.

What OS are you running on your server? I don't have an iPad, but I believe they can open files with WebDav. If your server is running Windows you can configure it as a WebDav server. I'm sure the same is true for Linux, though doing this on XBMCbuntu may be an ordeal.

Currently I'm running XBMC on my Windows7 PC as a media server. I already able to play video from my iPod with an app named 8player on the iPod. But I'm thinking to replace my PC with a jukebox or multimedia player that will connected to a NAS. Do you have any recommendation for the jukebox/multimedia player that I could maybe install XBMC on it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Streaming to iPad0