Win 1080p stutters ... whereas CPU usage is only 45%.
Good luck guys....!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-07-04, 11:55)horseless Wrote: This is the address where I've copied paste log: http://pastebin.com/3zfsdfGw

That link gives me an "invalid id" error on pastebin.
Hi,

I have same issue here. I'm unable to play 1080p movies with XBMC. I already did all steps that "blu ray" wrote is above post . I'm still without luck. FPS drops as low as 9 frames with all setting disable. Unlike with DVXA2 enabled, audio is perfect but I cannot see anything on the screen. If I click "O" during playing any of the 1080p movies it shows FPS on 40+ but I am unable to see the movies. My hardware is the following:

- Samsung UN46D8000
-Onkyo TX-NR808
- HP Envy 15
-Intel i7 quad core 1.60ghz up to 2.80 ghz
-ATI Mobility Radeon HD4830
-Windows 7 Pro
- 6 Gb DDR3 of Ram

Any further guidance will be very appreciated!!!!
(2012-07-06, 14:34)Panicsoul Wrote: - Samsung UN46D8000
-Onkyo TX-NR808
- HP Envy 15
-Intel i7 quad core 1.60ghz up to 2.80 ghz
-ATI Mobility Radeon HD4830
-Windows 7 Pro
- 6 Gb DDR3 of Ram

Any further guidance will be very appreciated!!!!
Since you are using HD4830, you can try these configurations instead......

1. Update AMD driver from here- AMD Driver Autodetect
2. Set AVR to pass-through video
3. Enable DXVA2 and select DXVA as render method, but disable everything else in XBMC settings/video/playback
4. Enable "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC settings/system/video output

Not sure why DXVA isn't in XP, a dev would have to answer that, but technically speaking there is one hardware decoder card supported in XP: Broadcom Crystal HD (wiki). It can even be installed on a desktop with a cheap $10 mini PCIe to full PCIe adapter (normally used for wifi cards) from ebay. If you get the cheaper BCHD + the adapter, that might not be a bad option for a system that can only use XP (or if you want Windows, only have XP, and don't want to pay for Vista/7).

I used one on a miniITX board that had a miniPCIe slot, with XP (so I could get netflix) and it worked great.
(2012-07-06, 16:02)bluray Wrote: [quote='Panicsoul' pid='1141851' dateline='1341578084']

3. Enable DXVA2 and select DXVA as render method, but disable everything else in XBMC settings/video/playback
4. Enable "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC settings/system/video output

Hi blu,

I did try what you mention but installing latest driver I get BSOD. Seem that I'm stock with 8.72 driver version with my ATI mobilty radeon HD 4830...

Anything else might be able to checkHuh
(2012-07-07, 05:28)Panicsoul Wrote:
(2012-07-06, 16:02)bluray Wrote: [quote='Panicsoul' pid='1141851' dateline='1341578084']

Hi blu,

I did try what you mention but installing latest driver I get BSOD. Seem that I'm stock with 8.72 driver version with my ATI mobilty radeon HD 4830...

It show on their website that the latest driver for your AMD mobility graphic card is 12.4 "AMD Catalyst™ Notebook Display Driver"....

(2012-07-07, 06:20)bluray Wrote:
(2012-07-07, 05:28)Panicsoul Wrote:

Hi blu,

It show on their website that the latest driver for your AMD mobility graphic card is 12.4 "AMD Catalyst™ Notebook Display Driver"....

Blu ray,

Your the F *&^% Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!! I did retry to install the driver again. But this time I completely uninstall my old ati driver and then I install the latest 12.4 driver and it F&^%*# works!!!! Then I left all setting in XBMC as you mentioned before and I am right now watching a flawless 1080p movie averaging 47FPS. Thanks so much for your help!!!!!
(2012-07-07, 23:14)Panicsoul Wrote:
(2012-07-07, 06:20)bluray Wrote: It show on their website that the latest driver for your AMD mobility graphic card is 12.4 "AMD Catalyst™ Notebook Display Driver"....

Blu ray,

Your the F *&^% Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!! I did retry to install the driver again. But this time I completely uninstall my old ati driver and then I install the latest 12.4 driver and it F&^%*# works!!!! Then I left all setting in XBMC as you mentioned before and I am right now watching a flawless 1080p movie averaging 47FPS. Thanks so much for your help!!!!!
I'm glad that the instruction work out okay for you..........

I'm having a similar problem and it's driving me nuts...

My HTPC hardware running Windows 7 (32bits, the CPU supports 64bits but I didn't felt the need):

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 4850e 2.5GHz
RAM: 2GB
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce 8300 (onboard)

Playing 720p video files is not a problem with XBMC, it plays them flawlessly with DXVA, 1080 video files, not so much. Well, it actually depends I guess... I mean, Yesterday I watched Batman Begins at 1080p in XBMC and I didn't noticed a problem, today I'm trying to watch The Dark Knight also in 1080p in XBMC and I notice a lot of lag/stutter.

The video file is fine, it plays without any issues on my laptop. But guess what? Using Windows Media Player with CoreAVC + Haali + VSfilter (for subtitles) with the desktop resolution set at 1920x1080 with hardware decoding off in CoreAVC's settings (yes, off), it plays just fine too (in the HTPC). If I turn either CUDA/DXVA acceleration in CoreAVC's settings, it stutters, just like in XBMC.

Now, since CoreAVC is using the CPU and plays this 1080p video file without any issues, I tried to use the CPU in XBMC too (DXVA off), but it didn't work, it stutters even more. I really need DXVA on XBMC to properly play all kinds of video HD video files.

I'm starting to think that my only solution is to buy some cheap, but better, video card... One that can plays 1080p video files flawlessly and also Blu-Ray discs too that I've also noticed a problem with (with PowerDVD since XBMC cannot play protected Blu-Ray discs). But with Blu-Ray I can understand, the bitrate is much higher compared to mkv video files.

Still, how come I can flawlessly play this 1080p video file in Windows Media Player but not on XBMC? Any ideas how could I solve this issue? As I'd rather try to solve this issue than to buy a new video card right now...
what driver versions you using for ati as i dont have the option to select DXVA for render and is set to auto ? i have enabled DXVA2 i have ati 6570

I'm not sure I understand the question, I have a NVIDIA card, not ATI.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1080p stutters ... whereas CPU usage is only 45%.2