Blank Thumbnails on Fast Scroll -- A83850
Hi Guys,

I have an A8-3850 HTPC which has had no problem displaying thumbnails on super-fast scroll in the past.

I believe after updating to Eden, or sometime around there, I've noticed that when I scroll really fast, after about 3-5 seconds, the system can't display most thumbnails fast enough to be seen...

Is there anything that can be done to fix this?

I have a really fast HTPC, so I'm not sure if it's a HTPC limitation or a setting in XBMC or what I might do to fix it...

Thanks,

Owen

Is the skin using 'background loading'?
I only use MQ skins...

I have the problem on MQ3 and MQ4 (the beta release)
The reason is the thumbs are cached at a higher resolution now. There's several changes coming on this front - first step is getting music thumbs to the cache (pull req 1109) where we also limit the image cache res a bit.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Is there anything I can do manually to fix this on my system?
You could run through your cached thumbs and resize 'em all (scripted, ofc).
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

How small should I resize them?

What size were they prior to Eden?
They'll be 480x720 once my music_thumbs_to_cache is merged. Eden would have been slightly smaller (the rule was keep aspect such that the geometric mean of width and height was 512).

Once additional changes are done, the skin will automatically load a resized version (eg 240x360) if appropriate.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blank Thumbnails on Fast Scroll -- A838500