Win UpNP Problems
This is my first media PC, I started after I got my Raspberry PI using Raspbmc and that worked great. I got the idea for more power so I used some spare parts I had lying around. Basically I have a server running windows Xp 32bit running my xbmc library shared over UPNP and my newly built HTPC running windows 7 connecting to that library.

The weird part is the PI plays everything off that library perfectly while the PC will only play the .Avi files all of the time and the M4v/MKV files sometimes. What it will play seems random, it will play one movie then you try it again and it will fail. Besides the .Avi files they play every time.

The specs are a compaq MCP61PM-MH motherboard I pulled out with a Athlon 64 X2 4000+, A 9600Gso with Nvidia 301.42 driver. 4 gigs of DDR2. A X-Fi xtreme music sound card 2.18 driver. With this network Card

Here is the debug log.
http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/1068516/
No ideas? Will more info help?
Not sure, but I don't use UPnP a lot, so I might be missing something obvious. As a test I would download a UPnP player (other than XBMC) to the PC that has issues, and see if it has that same issue that you had in XBMC. That might tell us if there's an issue with XBMC's UPnP sharing, or with UPnP as a source.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UpNP Problems0