Please help - Ubuntu 12.04, Eden, HSHomeRun, what backend?
Hi there. I was hoping someone can put me out of my misery...

I'm running XBMC 11.0 stock on Windows Home Server 2011 (long story) and running MythTV 0.24 backend in a Ubuntu 11.04 virtual machine hosted on the same machine. Video's have been working really well for ages, but recently I needed to add LiveTV into the mix. TV is provided by a HDHomeRun twin tuner. This is all okay, but MythBox isn't quite where I'd like it to be, and stability (in the LiveTV area) definitely isn't where I'd like.

So I've mocked up a Ubuntu 12.04LTS and been experimenting getting a liveTV backend working.

My troubles:
1. MythTV backend loads 0.25 on Ubuntu 12.04. Can I somehow use 0.25 with XBMC 11 and make it work? Is there a particular beta of XBMC Frodo that I should try?
2. I tried TVHeadEnd and it looks interesting, but I'm having a little trouble with the HSHomeRun integration, and major trouble getting Shepherd Australian XMLTV guide data into it. It won't be much help for the family here until the guide is working.
3. Is there a bettere choice for the TV tuner than the HDHomeRun. I think it's good but is support causing me trouble?

I've been reading and trying lots of stuff over the last week or two without finding the key, and my head hurts. Any help would be appreciated!

Scott.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please help - Ubuntu 12.04, Eden, HSHomeRun, what backend?0