TV Episodes + Movies in One Playlist
Question 
Hello all! I'm somewhat new to XBMC and have been beating my head against the wall over what seems like a simple task. I've seemingly checked every setting and I've tried dozens of Google searches. I just don't see how to do this... I want a given set of TV show episodes and movies in a single playlist (I plan to use it as a Pseudo TV channel). I'd really prefer that this be a smart playlist if possible.

Perhaps I'm just being stupid and overlooking something obvious. If so, you may commence the pointing and laughing. I'd appreciate some help here though.

I'm on:
XBMC Version: 11 (Eden)
Skin: Transparency (though I can't imagine this being a skin-related issue and haven't found a solution within other skins)
At the top of the smart playlist you have to specify <smartplaylist type="movies"> the type... So I don't think it's possible, I also tried with TV playlists and movie playlists and rolled them into one, which doesn't seem to work either.
(2012-07-04, 20:10)PatK Wrote: At the top of the smart playlist you have to specify <smartplaylist type="movies"> the type... So I don't think it's possible, I also tried with TV playlists and movie playlists and rolled them into one, which doesn't seem to work either.

That's what I was afraid of. Well, if no one knows of a way, I'll have to look into making static playlists. Several computers access these files though. It'll be a bit of a pain if the playlists have to be updated by hand and updated across multiple locations. I'm just surprised that this isn't already a feature somewhere. Surely I'm not the only one that wants to mix both types of videos. =/
(2012-07-07, 06:21)JackOfAllGames Wrote:
(2012-07-04, 20:10)PatK Wrote: At the top of the smart playlist you have to specify <smartplaylist type="movies"> the type... So I don't think it's possible, I also tried with TV playlists and movie playlists and rolled them into one, which doesn't seem to work either.

That's what I was afraid of. Well, if no one knows of a way, I'll have to look into making static playlists. Several computers access these files though. It'll be a bit of a pain if the playlists have to be updated by hand and updated across multiple locations. I'm just surprised that this isn't already a feature somewhere. Surely I'm not the only one that wants to mix both types of videos. =/

Look into the plugin "PseudoTV". You can do that with this plugin.

Mark
(2012-07-07, 15:04)mwkurt Wrote: Look into the plugin "PseudoTV". You can do that with this plugin.

Mark

Oh, really? I have looked, though I admit, not as thoroughly as within XBMC itself. I'll investigate Pseudo TV further. Thank you! I really hope this works.
(2012-07-07, 15:04)mwkurt Wrote: Look into the plugin "PseudoTV". You can do that with this plugin.

Mark

Woot! It works! Thank you! It appears that the answer is quite simple - a mixed-type smart playlist pointing to an episode-type playlist and movie-type playlist. I already tried this, but I stopped when I couldn't see anything in the playlist within XBMC. It turns out that the Pseudo TV addon reads these playlists even though XMBC itself doesn't.

If it's helpful to anyone, this is the playlist xsp file format:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="mixed">
<name>Generic TV and Movie Playlist</name>
<match>one</match>
<rule field="playlist" operator="is">tv show episode playlist filename.xsp</rule>
<rule field="playlist" operator="is">movie playlist filename.xsp</rule>
<order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

I stuck the file with the other video playlists within C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\playlists\video and told Pseudo TV to use it. It's working great!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Episodes + Movies in One Playlist0