Master Lock Code: Three Attempts to log in
Smile 
Hi all. I'm new to XBMC - so still learning the ropes - hope you experienced guys can please help this Newbie a little !

I've successfully set up two Profiles on XBMC…

1. Children's Movies
2. Movies

All well and good. Each profile is now live and populated with media. And to protect my kids from Aliens, The Exorcist and other scary movies I've password protected the main Movies Profile, leaving the Children's Movie Profile unlocked. So when a user logs out and then try to log back in again, they are presented with two profiles, one locked, one open. All works well.

I believe I have three log in attempts on the locked Profile. What happens if one of the kids tries to get into the locked Profile and uses all three retries? What happens then?

I haven't been brave enough to use three incorrect retires to test what happens - in case XBMC deciders to self destruct in a Mission Impossible kind of way ! :-)

Any pointers welcome.

For Ref: XBMC is being used on a Mac with Lion 10.7.4
From the Wiki: Should you get locked out, you can delete or edit the "profiles.xml" file.
Huh, I never noticed we had a limit before. I just tried it and found if you just quit XBMC and re-open it and you will get three more tries.
Thanks for the confirmation guys - appreciated :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Master Lock Code: Three Attempts to log in0