...small preview video of Nox 3.5
atm yes, there aren´t any real changes in frodo for skinners yet.
we don´t support it at this moment though.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Really loving the subtle changes. Not sure if this bug is known, but on the tv shows infowall and movies wall mode view, the darken option is fixed and cannot be unticked. A shame as it makes everything look very gloomy. It would be nice to have an option to be able to blur (with a translucent white overlay) aw well as darken. Or at least control the level of darkness applied.
(2012-07-11, 12:33)filthycatbox Wrote: Really loving the subtle changes. Not sure if this bug is known, but on the tv shows infowall and movies wall mode view, the darken option is fixed and cannot be unticked. A shame as it makes everything look very gloomy. It would be nice to have an option to be able to blur (with a translucent white overlay) aw well as darken. Or at least control the level of darkness applied.

no. we never use white as an overlay, and that will stay this way for now.
the black overlay for background in wall mode is wanted.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Fair enough, but is there a way to disable the black overlay currently through the xml files?

Oh, and is the font list final at the moment? I ask as I've been adapting an old ISO condensed typeface I designed to display hebrew (for myself).
(2012-07-11, 15:51)filthycatbox Wrote: Fair enough, but is there a way to disable the black overlay currently through the xml files?

Oh, and is the font list final at the moment? I ask as I've been adapting an old ISO condensed typeface I designed to display hebrew (for myself).

the font list won´t change until 3.5 release, so that´s final, yeah.
of course there is a way, but i won´t start to mod that for you Wink
Wasn't asking you to mod it for me, just to tell me the setting which should switch from darken off and on in the viewtype settings menu.
I assumed it would be a simple matter of changing the true/false setting for the black overlay png. But couldn't find the exact line in Viewtype_wall.xml.
myvideonav.xml
CDArts for movies \o/ !!!

Edit:/

If the Low-List had the CD-Art sliding out of top of the poster (if there is a cd-art present), that would be very very very very great (:
Phil... Would it be possible to add some kind of customizer option to deselect the text (favorites, playlists, system info) at the top of the quicknav list that drops down from the top on the home page when you type "m"?

I love the custom icons, but I do not care for all of the text at the top. A couple of days ago it was set up as I wish with just the icons, but yesterday's update added the text.

Thanks.... Nox 3.5 is very nice!
(2012-07-12, 04:38)The Crunge Wrote: Phil... Would it be possible to add some kind of customizer option to deselect the text (favorites, playlists, system info) at the top of the quicknav list that drops down from the top on the home page when you type "m"?

I love the custom icons, but I do not care for all of the text at the top. A couple of days ago it was set up as I wish with just the icons, but yesterday's update added the text.

Thanks.... Nox 3.5 is very nice!

bn and me are not too sure about that. i think that reducing it to only quicknav would somehow take away the intended use of that window since we now show nowplaying controls instead of system info when something is playing. that´s what the window was made for by the xbmc devs. perhaps we will add an option to reduce it or only make it show some playercontrols buttons when media is playing. we could put system info and playlists into dialogs which can be chosen in customizers.
Yeah, I saw the now playing icon and the player controls, but I would never use that window to display those items. The now playing info is available in other places without pulling down this window. The quicknav icons are very useful and the ability to customize them is great, but the text is very cluttered and busy, especially when it is displayed over other homescreen widgets. It is also very easy to accidentally press up when using a remote to navigate, causing the cursor to "get lost" in the favorites or the playlist.

Anyway, what's the harm? If it set up as an option to toggle the display of that section and you want to see the text or the now playing icon, you can always leave it on... I just want to be able to turn it off.

In other places, homescreen widgets, rss feed, nav prompts, top bar, etc, I can choose to display or not display. It seems to me being able to toggle the display of this section is really just an extension of that same philosophy on customization.

Either way, thanks for the response... and thanks to you and BigNoid for the skin!
(2012-07-12, 06:43)The Crunge Wrote: Yeah, I saw the now playing icon and the player controls, but I would never use that window to display those items. The now playing info is available in other places without pulling down this window. The quicknav icons are very useful and the ability to customize them is great, but the text is very cluttered and busy, especially when it is displayed over other homescreen widgets. It is also very easy to accidentally press up when using a remote to navigate, causing the cursor to "get lost" in the favorites or the playlist.

Anyway, what's the harm? If it set up as an option to toggle the display of that section and you want to see the text or the now playing icon, you can always leave it on... I just want to be able to turn it off.

In other places, homescreen widgets, rss feed, nav prompts, top bar, etc, I can choose to display or not display. It seems to me being able to toggle the display of this section is really just an extension of that same philosophy on customization.

Either way, thanks for the response... and thanks to you and BigNoid for the skin!

the harm is that every radiobutton less in settings area is a plus. i´m very careful with adding those type of options. that´s one of the things where we differ the most from all other skins with lot of options I think, our approach to setting the skin up is different as we try to get rid of all those radiobuttons in skin settings and try to make them wysiwyg-accessible with the aim to have a UI which still looks clean despite being very customizable. i´m happy to discuss with bn if that one is worth an exception but your view on things is definitely a bit one-sided Wink our philosophy is not adding options just because it´s possible and i´m definitely against completely removing the intended function of that dialog.
anyway, thx for input. always appreciated. you´ll see in some days how we decided Wink
cheers
(2012-07-11, 20:42)phil65 Wrote: myvideonav.xml

Perhaps I'm being dumb, but I couldn't find the line to turn this off in myvideonav.xml.
It only happens when setting the option to disable the background panel.
(2012-07-12, 07:12)phil65 Wrote: ... our philosophy is not adding options just because it´s possible ...

Is that a regard for the movie CDArts too? Confused
(2012-07-12, 22:54)Suven Wrote:
(2012-07-12, 07:12)phil65 Wrote: ... our philosophy is not adding options just because it´s possible ...

Is that a regard for the movie CDArts too? Confused

which movie CDArt?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
...small preview video of Nox 3.54