...small preview video of Nox 3.5
(2012-07-21, 00:26)fional Wrote:
(2012-07-20, 22:51)john.cord Wrote:
(2012-07-15, 03:53)phil65 Wrote: what for an alarm warning? don´t really understand...

i got this for a long time now... randomly a notification appears in the bottem half of the screen that says "the timer was deactivated and the remaining time was..." The Secons wich are mentioned in the message are starting with 1,2,3 and then increasing to 10,15 and so on. I thought that this is a XBMC Bug and not Skin related....

It sounds like the Shutdown timer...

must be the shutdown timer in fact. looked through our AlarmClock calls, all are silent (invisible) except shutdown timer
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
I'm guessing it's accidentally being pressed. If I recall correctly (and I could be wrong, I can't test it at the moment), if the Shutdown timer is started, but then you do something that takes XBMC out of idle, it'll "deactivate".
(2012-07-13, 04:50)The Crunge Wrote:
(2012-07-13, 04:36)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-07-13, 04:23)The Crunge Wrote: Hey Phil, First of all, thanks for offering to discuss my request with BigNoid. I appreciate you guys considering it! I also understand your desire to preserve the basic OSD functionality when typing m, after all it is the stated manner in which XBMC is supposed to operate.

Still, you could maintain the "m functionality" with just the minimal OSD player controls and the quicknav icons. I believe this simple approach would be commensurate with your stated aim "to have a UI which still looks clean despite being very customizable."

Also, I did not mean to suggest that you use an additional radio button to achieve this customization. I like the WYSIWYG approach... Why not employ a similar method to add this option?

Finally, I must mention that I took minor exception to you characterizing my view on things as one-sided. Granted, I do want to configure XBMC and Aeon Nox to my personal tastes, but I am in no way wishing to see things only one way... I just want an option; not the only option.

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this issue with me, and once again, thanks to you and BigNoid for all of your hard work and creativity!

still thinkin about it. atm i tend to add a second line of icons with nowplaying controls and access to playlists / system info. perhaps that´s a good compromise between looks and functionality without the need to put in another option.

Sounds good to me! Thanks for considering it.

Hey Phil... The new OSD/Quicknav icon layout and functionalty is beautiful! Thanks.
(2012-07-21, 05:16)The Crunge Wrote:
(2012-07-13, 04:50)The Crunge Wrote:
(2012-07-13, 04:36)phil65 Wrote: still thinkin about it. atm i tend to add a second line of icons with nowplaying controls and access to playlists / system info. perhaps that´s a good compromise between looks and functionality without the need to put in another option.

Sounds good to me! Thanks for considering it.

Hey Phil... The new OSD/Quicknav icon layout and functionalty is beautiful! Thanks.

thx, i like them too. credits to webdesignerdepot.com for the icons.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
looks really cool....

when can we test Wink
dev process is completely open, all users can see the actual state when using GIT. (see "Setting up GIT" thread)
i recommend to wait some days though, it will be released on the repo in the very near future.
it could be possible to use the mouse? or at least not to see that red "not mouse" ad?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
VqP
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
(2012-07-24, 22:20)LARQ Wrote: it could be possible to use the mouse? or at least not to see that red "not mouse" ad?

Basic mouse support is added. We do not recommend it though. This skin was designed with a remote in mind.
(2012-07-21, 00:45)fional Wrote: I'm guessing it's accidentally being pressed. If I recall correctly (and I could be wrong, I can't test it at the moment), if the Shutdown timer is started, but then you do something that takes XBMC out of idle, it'll "deactivate".

Ok but the message appears randomly after selecting a menu or something. I have never activated the shutdown timer. So why does this message appear without acitvating the timer? If a activate the timer and then do something and deactivate it nothing changes. And anyway: If i accidentialy activated the timer it is wierd that the system is not shutting down after a while with no acitvity in xbmc. In fact, the fact that the left time displayd is constantly increasing shortly after the message is dispayt tells me that it is a bug.

Its like: Shutdown Timer deactivated with 5, 10, 15, 20 seconds left... for a noraml behaviour the left time should be a constant number. The fact that it is increasing is for me a message that it is a bug. But i do not know if thats a XBMC Bug or a Skin related Bug of Aeon Nox.
(2012-07-25, 02:07)john.cord Wrote:
(2012-07-21, 00:45)fional Wrote: I'm guessing it's accidentally being pressed. If I recall correctly (and I could be wrong, I can't test it at the moment), if the Shutdown timer is started, but then you do something that takes XBMC out of idle, it'll "deactivate".

Ok but the message appears randomly after selecting a menu or something. I have never activated the shutdown timer. So why does this message appear without acitvating the timer? If a activate the timer and then do something and deactivate it nothing changes. And anyway: If i accidentialy activated the timer it is wierd that the system is not shutting down after a while with no acitvity in xbmc. In fact, the fact that the left time displayd is constantly increasing shortly after the message is dispayt tells me that it is a bug.

Its like: Shutdown Timer deactivated with 5, 10, 15, 20 seconds left... for a noraml behaviour the left time should be a constant number. The fact that it is increasing is for me a message that it is a bug. But i do not know if thats a XBMC Bug or a Skin related Bug of Aeon Nox.

I honestly am not certain. I have two instances of Eden with XBMC 3.5 running and I've never encountered this. The only thing I can think of is maybe a look at the debug log when it actually happens - not that I'm an expert at deciphering it, but I'd wager it be difficult to guess what's going on without seeing that.

The only thing I know for certain is that message is tied to the shutdown timer.

(2012-07-25, 21:09)fional Wrote:
(2012-07-25, 02:07)john.cord Wrote:

I honestly am not certain. I have two instances of Eden with XBMC 3.5 running and I've never encountered this. The only thing I can think of is maybe a look at the debug log when it actually happens - not that I'm an expert at deciphering it, but I'd wager it be difficult to guess what's going on without seeing that.

The only thing I know for certain is that message is tied to the shutdown timer.

The widgets also use timers to random display the covers. Haven't seen this behavior either
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
...small preview video of Nox 3.54