Run script if skin has been selected and loaded via 'Settings - Appearance - Skin'.
Hi,

I'm looking for a way to run a script when Welo is chosen and loaded via settings - appearance - skin, so when coming from another skin to Welo (at any time, not just on first run).

I could use 'onunload' when coming out of SettingsCategory.xml, however was wondering if i could narrow it down to the exact process of when Welo loads after being be chosen from appearance - skin?

Cheers Wink
(2012-07-06, 14:50)liquidskin76 Wrote: I could use 'onunload' when coming out of SettingsCategory.xml

That's probably your only option but it doesn't cover the eventuality of downloading Welo and selecting to use it from the 'Switch skin?' message.
not that easy....
you´d have to set a property everytime before you enter the appearance section from within the skin so you know that you don´t have to run the script.
then you could use
<onload condition IsEmpty(Window(...).Property(...)>Runscript(...)</onload>
in settingscategory.xml.

so you would get the script started on onload and not onunload with this.

EDIT: Hitcher´s eventuality isn´t covered with this, but that would also be possible. ask if you want that explained.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Yeah, i'd also need to have an onunload on AddonBrowser.xml, as that's the window that loads after saying yes to switch skin.

Cheers Hitcher
Cheers phil, i'll check it out.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Run script if skin has been selected and loaded via 'Settings - Appearance - Skin'.0