Wall view options?
No, the folder BigNoid-Aeon... must be renamed to "skin.aeon.nox", or "skin.aeon.nox.svn", depending on what the one you had was named.
(2012-07-06, 21:42)CutSickAss Wrote: No, the folder BigNoid-Aeon... must be renamed to "skin.aeon.nox", or "skin.aeon.nox.svn", depending on what the one you had was named.

You XBMC vets perhaps assume us newbs somehow intuit such details Wink I'll try it, thanks!
(2012-07-06, 21:53)CaptainStereo Wrote:
(2012-07-06, 21:42)CutSickAss Wrote: No, the folder BigNoid-Aeon... must be renamed to "skin.aeon.nox", or "skin.aeon.nox.svn", depending on what the one you had was named.

You XBMC vets perhaps assume us newbs somehow intuit such details Wink I'll try it, thanks!

Just did as you suggested and renamed the BigNoid folder skin.aeon.nox and deleted the other items from the old folder so that there was only one folder named skin.aeon.nox that had only BigNoid files in it. When I started up XBMC, it again defaulted to Confluence and Aeon Nox was not an enabled option. You all have been so helpful and I'm appreciative of the advice. Again, sorry for being a newb.

Just did as you suggested and renamed the BigNoid folder skin.aeon.nox and deleted the other items from the old folder so that there was only one folder named skin.aeon.nox that had only BigNoid files in it. When I started up XBMC, it again defaulted to Confluence and Aeon Nox was not an enabled option. You all have been so helpful and I'm appreciative of the advice. Again, sorry for being a newb.

1. That is why stable releases, such as Aeon Nox 3.0, are for. If one wishes to play around with a skin that is still a WIP (Work In Progress), one has to be patient.

2. How in the world did you manage to quote your post inside the very same post? Huh Kinda freaked me out with that!

3. Try renaming the folder to "skin.aeon.nox.svn". I think the stable release Nox 3.0 had the Nox. tags which where removed afterwards. That's probably what caused the problem.
(2012-07-06, 22:23)CutSickAss Wrote:

(2012-07-06, 21:53)CaptainStereo Wrote: You XBMC vets perhaps assume us newbs somehow intuit such details Wink I'll try it, thanks!

1. That is why stable releases, such as Aeon Nox 3.0, are for. If one wishes to play around with a skin that is still a WIP (Work In Progress), one has to be patient.

2. How in the world did you manage to quote your post inside the very same post? Huh Kinda freaked me out with that!

3. Try renaming the folder to "skin.aeon.nox.svn". I think the stable release Nox 3.0 had the Nox. tags which where removed afterwards. That's probably what caused the problem.

the folder name shouldn´t matter. important is that the addon.xml etc are not in any subfolder, so that it is /addons/XXX/addons.xml and not /addons/XXX/XXX/addon.xml
The Nox. Tags have nothing to do with that.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Success! Got it to work. Like that wall view a lot better. Now if we could get that in the music section for the album wall view, we'll really be on to something Wink I actually might go back to the stable version though and eagerly await the official update as this new file did nuke all the personalization I had done on that skin. Thanks all for the help!
(2012-07-06, 23:03)CaptainStereo Wrote: Success! Got it to work. Like that wall view a lot better. Now if we could get that in the music section for the album wall view, we'll really be on to something Wink I actually might go back to the stable version though and eagerly await the official update as this new file did nuke all the personalization I had done on that skin. Thanks all for the help!
already implemented it for both. just look.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Hmmm, I thought I did, but I can switch back and look again. On another topic, though generally related, I seem to have all the relevant "artist downloader" and "album info" and the like enabled, but when in infopanel view in music/albums there only reads "no reviews for this album" and an "N/A" by every category. Ideas? And please believe me, I do try and figure these things out before posting the question! Thanks again.
(2012-07-07, 02:19)CaptainStereo Wrote: Hmmm, I thought I did, but I can switch back and look again. On another topic, though generally related, I seem to have all the relevant "artist downloader" and "album info" and the like enabled, but when in infopanel view in music/albums there only reads "no reviews for this album" and an "N/A" by every category. Ideas? And please believe me, I do try and figure these things out before posting the question! Thanks again.

then you probably do not have any scraped album reviews. has nothing to do with addons.
then you probably do not have any scraped album reviews. has nothing to do with addons.
[/quote]

So if you have a 600 album collection, is there a way to populate XBMC with cool info without spending Lord knows how much time to individually seek out info for every album in one's collection (asking seriously, not a trace of sarcasm)? Thanks, sincerely appreciated.
(2012-07-07, 03:00)CaptainStereo Wrote: So if you have a 600 album collection, is there a way to populate XBMC with cool info without spending Lord knows how much time to individually seek out info for every album in one's collection (asking seriously, not a trace of sarcasm)? Thanks, sincerely appreciated.

depends on your music. try several scrapers (universal scraper, allmusic or one of the more genre specific ones) and make sure you have the download additional info setting activated in settings --> music

EDIT: you should learn to quote Big Grin
I'm finding there are a lot of things I need to learn, phil65 Wink
allmusic is tagged as broken, but I have the other scrapers enabled, but I still get zilch when I update the library with the settings seemingly on to fetch such info.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wall view options?0