Playing Blu ray issue
I discovered XBMC a week ago after searching for a fix for choppy Vid and sound on my Zotac ID34 with HD movie files.

HD files ie. Earth now play really well with XBMC.. thank you Smile.

What I cant do is play a file (Blu ray ) from my DVD drive (Blu ray capable) They work with Power DVD but still sometimes choppy.

How do I get XBMC to open the Blu ray.
If I insert one XBMC seems to hang for ages, then nothing. If I go to the Files directory I can see the files on the disk but I have no idea what one to point too. I tried lots but nothing happened.

Do I make sense?

Cheers Bazzle
XBMC is not a decrypter......if you want to use XBMC Play Disc option, you'll need a decrypter.......you can give this "AnyDVD HD" 14 days trial a try......after you install it, you need to reboot your HTPC for it to work.......you can simply insert blu-ray disc in BD-ROM and click XBMC Play Disc to playback movie.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Many thanks, I will give it a go and report back my findings.
Thanks for the note re dycrypter, Ive no idea what that means, I will look it up.

Bazzle
I have downloaded AnyDvd and it finds the bluray in the drive.
I then open xbmc and it hangs on the opening splash screen for quite few minutes. It then opens up to the Videos, music etc page.
I can see the file but xbmc says No disk inserted.
If I click on it again xbmc hangs as before and win7 asks if I want to close unresponive program.
Also if I have a dvd etc already in the drve and I open xbmc it will do as above.
Im sure ive got something set wrong but cant find it Sad
Works great foe any vids off he netwok or loal drive.

Bazzle
Do you have any other media player (TMT5, PDVD11, MPC-HC, etc) in your HTPC? If there is, you might want to set Auto Play in control panel to Take No Action so that it'll not try to playb when blu-ray disc is insert. Remove/resert blu-ray disc, and try to playback it again......

If you still have problem, you can try the latest Nightly build- XBMCSetup-20120707-4d1bbd6-master.exe ....
Thanks.
Did both things you suggested.
Can now play DVDs but freezes on trying to open BluRay in xbmc.
Actually xbmc did become unresponsive a couple of times during testing with DVDs but that is better than freezing and no response at all.
Its like something is happening in the background that is not working.

Bazzle
I haven't tried this myself yet, but what about this LifeHacker post?

http://lifehacker.com/5621471/how-to-ena...ck-in-xbmc
QNAP TS670 NAS - 4x4TB Raided with NFS Support & Central MySQL DB
Pi 3 [Xbian] - Samsung 46" ES7000 Smart TV & HT-E5550 3D BD Sound System
Pi 3 [Xbian]  + Hyperion Ambilight- Samsung 48" Curved UE48JS9000 4k
PowerEthernet T1502 Powerline adapters
Good link (and the ones ref from it)
I downloaded the files, inst makemkv and the latest bluray v01a plugin.
I put the plug in in a folder I made plugin.video.bluray (same place I found xbmc/addons)

When I open xbmc and go to videos...add ins its not there.

Has anyone added an addin manually?

Bazzle

Thread Review (Newest First)

Posted by nsviper - Yesterday 21:48

I haven't tried this myself
Can it playback blu-ray with other media player?
Yes, as per my 1st post Power DVD

edit.. got to see mkv in xbmc by manually adding the mkv files into user and xbmc directories.Wink
sadly still hangs on bluray opening when using mkv this time Sad
Hi,

Do you have the original Blue Ray Player in your Zotac Box ? ( Lite-On DL-4ETS )

If yes then you should read this theard

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109344
(2012-07-13, 22:46)simatics5 Wrote: Hi,

Do you have the original Blue Ray Player in your Zotac Box ? ( Lite-On DL-4ETS )

If yes then you should read this theard

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109344

Thats Exactly what mine does.
Ive tried some of the play arounds with no luck.

Bazzle

Do you have any other media player (TMT5, PDVD11, MPC-HC, etc) in your HTPC? If there is, you might want to set Auto Play in control panel to Take No Action so that it'll not try to playb when blu-ray disc is insert. Remove/resert blu-ray disc, and try to playback it again......

Sonnenbrille Kaufen
(2012-07-14, 04:01)sdfid Wrote: Do you have any other media player (TMT5, PDVD11, MPC-HC, etc) in your HTPC? If there is, you might want to set Auto Play in control panel to Take No Action so that it'll not try to playb when blu-ray disc is insert. Remove/resert blu-ray disc, and try to playback it again......

Sonnenbrille Kaufen
The message looks so familiar....I though that I wrote it twice.....here is the original message- post #5.......

He said; he tried it.....
I think its time to stop wasting everyones time and purchase a dedicted Samsung Bluray player to match my Samsung 55 led.
I do appreciate the help but it sems I cant find the issue.
The Zotac ID34 is brilliant for every other function.
XBMC has fixed all my stuttering etc issue with movies etc on my local and network drives. Just can use my disks on it.
Bazzle

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playing Blu ray issue0