GoogleMaps Script (Beta!)
http://www.geocities.com/bogorman/googlemaps.zip

googlemaps beta.

this is a proof of concept script that i started a few months ago but have never had the time to finish.
if someone wants to take it on and finish it off then that would be really great.
it is a python port of a tivo java browser for google maps. the java code has also been included.
launch the googlemaps script. it will load at a random location which i input. navigation is basic.
any number (0 - 9) on the remote control will zoom to that level.
left and right will move the view left and right.
there is a state which says zooming or moving and this will govern what the up/down will do.
a good interface is needed. the code to get and display the pics are there.

known problems.
1. some pics will not show on screen. this is a problem with the gif format and the way the xbmc renders it.
i have raised an issue on the forums before but i think this is still an issue.

2. the code to get the satellite imagery seems to have stopped working but the ones for the normal maps is still good.
the title kep on the remote will switch between satellite and map mode.

have fun.
thank you all for your offer.
i'll try it.
congratulation once again flash !!!
your work is very interesting. ok some work still to do, but it is very interesting.

i'll try to find some spare time to have a look on it. can't promess, but i'll try
see ya
sounds really cool, ill check this out when i get the chance.

this type of thing really requires smooth animation and if it's not there right now you might want to check out enderw's lyrics script for an example.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GoogleMaps Script (Beta!)0