MOD section
Are the original image files for v3 available anywhere?
I love the skin as is but would like to customize a bit further and having access to the original files in the media folder is very important.

Nevermind......apparently I wasn't looking hard enough
(2012-07-06, 07:16)adrian ballard Wrote: Probably a simple solution but I can't seem to figure it out.............

The skin debugging tool seems to only partially work with this skin.
The reload, grid and notification testing work fine.
But, the info about what page you are on doesn't seem to.

Thoughts?

Moving here.
System skin debug is activated by setting skin debug option to true in add-on.xml

Everything other than that is user specific stuff and a different skinners have different approaches. What do you have in mind with this "skin debug tools" or what are you trying to achieve?

BTW moving this to separate thread as it is not skin end user support related and is of little interest for most users.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Just a need to tweak this skin a bit further for a couple of custom views.
The 'tool' in question can be found here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129094

Everything is working as expected except for the colored dialogs that are supposed to pop-up in the top corners of the screen. They don't respond at all. While not completely necessay, it does make navigating the code somewhat easier.
Well you will need to get instructions for that add-on in that thread.

I can only provide my mappings that will work with my solution:

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<f3>Skin.ToggleSetting(DebugInfo)</f3>
<f4>Skin.ToggleSetting(DebugGrid)</f4>
<f5>XBMC.ReloadSkin()</f5>
<f6>Notification(Testing 123,Hello world)</f6>
<f7>ActivateWindow(MusicPlaylist)</f7>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

and that worked perfectly.

Thank you
(2012-07-05, 09:54)adrian ballard Wrote: Are the original image files for v3 available anywhere?
I love the skin as is but would like to customize a bit further and having access to the original files in the media folder is very important.

Nevermind......apparently I wasn't looking hard enough

Where can I find them?
here:

https://github.com/pecinko/quartz
(2012-08-02, 04:37)adrian ballard Wrote: here:

https://github.com/pecinko/quartz

(2012-08-02, 04:43)adrian ballard Wrote: pecinko: could you elaborate on what was the problem with the icon regression problem and your fix?
I split off @ v3.3.8 to customize further....

Please and Thank you
and... could you explain what these lines do? View_Videos 1012-1014

Use diff on Git to see what exactly changed but it was a fix for problem reported aprox 15 days ago, it's just that repo was updated only recently. Really can't remember exactly what it was.

Animation is a "hack" used to keep fixed list aligned to top when there are fewer items in it as it gets always centered by default. You can see the difference if you comment out the animation and enter, say, in Seasons folder of a TV show that runs for a few years only.

I suggest keeping skinning specific questions here.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MOD section0