Win Playback failed. One or more items failed to play.
I recently started getting this message for all Movies. Music plays fine. After this message XBMC slow tremendously, I can't exit XBMC, can't force quit, even by r-click End Process Tree, and can't even shutdown computer without a hard reset. I tried deleting my media sources and relaoding them but get the same results. The files playback fine on my Roku so I know they aren't damaged or corrupted. Looking at the log I wonder if my codecs may have been corrupted by I wanted to ask before I went about uninstalling and setting them back up again.

http://www.pastebin.com/QzWcyTkq

Thanks!
XBMC does not use any codecs. Everything is built in. Installing and messing with codecs is a waste of time with XBMC, unless you are running a 3rd party DS build of XBMC or using external players.

I see the error on playback, but I do not know what it means.
Code:
:28:59 T:2824 WARNING: could not find codec parameters for Y:\Movies_D\50 50\50 50 .mkv
11:28:59 T:2824   ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer
11:28:59 T:2824  NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()
11:28:59 T:2824  NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit() deleting input stream
11:28:59 T:2824   DEBUG: Thread CDVDPlayer 2824 terminating
11:28:59 T:3040   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnStop from xbmc
11:28:59 T:3040   DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 1, from xbmc, message OnStop
11:28:59 T:3040   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [Y:\Movies_D\50 50\50 50 .mkv]
Have you changed you video playback parameters?
I use these settings except I have the option to allow refresh rate to match video checked as well.

VDADecoder? Isn't that for Mac OSX? Did you just grab a screenshot from somewhere else?

Turn off DXVA2 (which is what you should see in windows) and the refresh rate setting and see how it plays.
Yeah sorry I grabbed that from the wiki and didn't pay enough attention! Turned both off and still get the same results and log entry. Tried removing Shark 007 also in case there happened to be a conflict there.
Can you post your full log not just the snippet?
http://pastebin.com/6jvJKyf8

Thanks again for taking a look at this for me.
One more thing. Can you run The program MediaInfo on one of the videos that fails to play and post that as well?

Edit: This is just the one I have been using to test lately for consistency but every file I have tried up to this point is giving the same result.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback failed. One or more items failed to play.0