remote with option to steam
Hi,

I've been searching the forums for ages and have not yet found a definitive answer to my query, apologies if I have missed it!

I have xbmc running on a windows machine and also have various Android devices. I am looking for a remote for the Android that will let me control xbmc but also give me the option to stream media to the Android device. I know that this can be achieved separately using upnp or music push, xsqueeze etc but is there a way to do it with a unified GUI? Maybe through a Web interface?

Many thanks for any help and again apologies if I've missed something obvious.
no.

You will need an app that supports Upnp or an app that can just connect to your media shares.

or You could run plex for the purpose of transcoding media to your devices.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
Many thanks for the quick response. I thought that this was probably the case but I an loath to switch from xbmc as I have been a loyal user for years.

We shall have to see what the future may bring!
Music Pump XBMC Remote lets you stream your Music from XBMC to your Android device as well as control Music and Movie playback on XBMC. Video streaming is currently not supported.
(2012-07-06, 21:33)Badgertronic Wrote: Many thanks for the quick response. I thought that this was probably the case but I an loath to switch from xbmc as I have been a loyal user for years.

We shall have to see what the future may bring!

just run both. that's what I do as I am away from home often and plex allows me to stream media outside my LAN.

I still prefer XBMC
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
I am running raspbmc on a pi which will not run plex media server. So I'm sticking with a combination of xbmc and upnp for now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
remote with option to steam0