multiple disks ripped to VIDEO_TS
I'm sure that this has been solved, but my search foo has not managed to produce an answer :-(

I have ripped all of my DVDs to "film name (year)/VIDEO_TS" which works perfectly for films that are just one disk, however if there is more than one disk, such as a "bonus" disk, it shows up as the film name.

As an example, I have ripped The Deer Hunter which has a bonus disk of interviews as well as the film, but both show up in the library as "The Deer Hunter" with the same information and fanart etc.

Is there a way around this while keeping everything in the library ?

Thanks

How are the files named?. Do you have CD1 or something similar at the end of each file so xbmc can recognise there all part of the one file?

Try look at this Aeon Nox 3.0: Movie Extras/Bonus Features - How to add them to your setup

I dont know what skin you are using but the tutorial that Deano316 has made might help you get your bonus material and extras well organised so the naming issues dont happen
So I hear I can run xbmc off my old commodore 64.

Pretty cool......pretty really cool
I'm not sure it matters if it's a Video.TS file or MKV, most have this issue... If the extra demands a special disk, then you'll have to treat it as a separate film and name it as The Deer Hunter Extras, and make a custom .nfo and give artwork. In some cases, with multi-bonus videos, I've linked them as -CD1, -CD2, -CD3, -CD4 and if needed use the -trailer function too.

Work arounds:

You can always make a sub folder called extras, and stick it all inside and use file mode to see it. You might have to exclude the 'extra' sub folder from scans in the advancedsettings if you haven't specified one movie in the folder (and not scan recursively) Or Link the extras as a -trailer, then mod the .nfo text to explain this.. lest we forget and just mark it as not to be scanned once you have the .nfo and artwork.
I am using the Confluence skin.

Each VIDEO_TS folder is in its own folder. For the example above, the folder structure would be like

/rips/The Deer Hunter/VIDEO_TS
/The Deer Hunter Extras/VIDEO_TS

They both display in XBMC as "The Deer Hunter" with the same fanart etc.

They are separate "films" in their own right as opposed to being one film "split" into multiple "files".

They are VIDEO_TS folders, which contain the complete ripped DVD (vob and ifo files) not a "single file"

I've had a look at the Deano 316 "method", quite labour intensive...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
multiple disks ripped to VIDEO_TS0