Remote Media Server Scraping and ATV
i'm using an ATV running XBMC crystalubuntu, trying to access a windows serverthat hosts media content that also runs XBMC for scraping. The problem is, movie content and scraping works fine when watching movies on the server using XBMC but when i use the ATV and connect to the server the scraping does not seem to work. i see the movies and selecting one reveals a video_ts. selecting the video_ts results in a large menu of individual VTS_X_Y files. i had hoped the server running xbmc would do the scraping, and the ATV wouldn't need to do that. does the client that your viewing the media on need to be set up for scraping also?
Are you using UPnP to share the library?
Lightbulb 
On the server side yes. OK then - I assume XBMC must be running on the server? (blinding flash of the obvious)

On ATV I go to Video-Files. Then select XBMC on the server.
1st attempt - crashes ATV
2nd attempt "Cannot Connect to Server"
3rd attemp - get menu with options, then select 'title'. Select movie title then press remote play button and I get "Playback Failed"

methinks it's time for zbox nano?

OK - by enabling 'allow control of xbmc via upnp' i can now reliably connect to the server and see the server library, but each time i select a movie i get "Playback Failed"

the error also says to look at a log file. where is the log file located?
(2012-07-07, 23:58)Ned Scott Wrote: Are you using UPnP to share the library?

ned please help. is upnp essential to sharing the library? an individual at stmlabs who is helping me is questioning why i need it as it is problematic..
There's also the MySQL (wiki) option.
(2012-07-18, 05:07)Ned Scott Wrote: There's also the MySQL (wiki) option.

like this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Media Server Scraping and ATV0