remove from library stays in library
(2012-07-08, 18:39)Jester Wrote: corrupted database

Quote:01:16:39 T:118177792 ERROR: SQL: The database disk image is malformed
P.S.
Are you sure you hit Clean Library (under settings - video - library - clean library) and not just update library ?

Still corrupted according to the recent log.

Go into your userdata\databases\ folder and delete any MyVideosxx entries, and then rescan your entire video library.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-07-08, 20:58)thrak76 Wrote:
(2012-07-08, 18:39)Jester Wrote: corrupted database

Quote:01:16:39 T:118177792 ERROR: SQL: The database disk image is malformed
P.S.
Are you sure you hit Clean Library (under settings - video - library - clean library) and not just update library ?

Still corrupted according to the recent log.

Go into your userdata\databases\ folder and delete any MyVideosxx entries, and then rescan your entire video library.

if i do that will i lose my entire library
Only the database, not any of the actual files. You're just going to have to rescan afterwards and everything will come back.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
will the things iv already watched come back aswell??

(2012-07-08, 21:03)thrak76 Wrote: Only the database, not any of the actual files. You're just going to have to rescan afterwards and everything will come back.

i mean like the watched mark will it still apear?
(2012-07-08, 21:05)cf125 Wrote: will the things iv already watched come back aswell??

(2012-07-08, 21:03)thrak76 Wrote: Only the database, not any of the actual files. You're just going to have to rescan afterwards and everything will come back.

You can try to export the whole library as a single file first, but it may not work with a corruped video database.
If you've a very large library, it will suck to have to retag all the watched items, but you're going to continue to have library problems if you don't rebuild the database. Retagging watched items goes quicker than you think when you can set whole seasons to watched easily. I've had to do it multiple times! Undecided

It's only mildy painful to lose your video database.. Confused

(2012-07-08, 21:09)thrak76 Wrote:
(2012-07-08, 21:05)cf125 Wrote: will the things iv already watched come back aswell??

You can try to export the whole library as a single file first, but it may not work with a corruped video database.
If you've a very large library, it will suck to have to retag all the watched items, but you're going to continue to have library problems if you don't rebuild the database. Retagging watched items goes quicker than you think when you can set whole seasons to watched easily. I've had to do it multiple times! Undecided

It's only mildy painful to lose your video database.. Confused

thanks for your help guys iv taken the plunge and delete my video database

but since im deleting my database is there a better way to have it set up other then smb that loads the thumbnails up quicker
(2012-07-08, 21:10)cf125 Wrote: but since im deleting my database is there a better way to have it set up other then smb that loads the thumbnails up quicker

I've no clue how to setup the ATV, but I'm using symbolic links in a Windows environment to share thumbnails, and I get no lag on thumbnail loading.
if you use trakt you can restore your watched status through that
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
(2012-07-08, 22:07)Kode Wrote: if you use trakt you can restore your watched status through that

Good tip! Forgot about that. That requires the trakt utilities add-on?
ok so i thought since i was gonna lose my database anyway i would have a complete fresh start so deleted everthing to do with xbmc and uninstalled xbmc and then reinstalled the latest nightly build and now it just crashes randomly ill post a log in a bit

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
remove from library stays in library0