Xbmcscripts.com announcement
i just posted this at xbmcscripts.com. i hope you find it useful:

as some of you might have noticed, the site was down for some maintainence. the reason for this is that i have converted all files to zip format and also made so all files include a single folder in root. this is in preperation for the script installer that will run on the xbox which will hopefully be released soon. there will from now on be some important things you have to do when submitting a file:

1. keep file in zip format. no other files will be accepted (not even .py !Wink
2. the zip file should have a special structure. in the root of the zip there should be a folder with your scripts name. i adivise you to make this generic for your script, e.g. "scriptname" and not "scriptnamev1.7". this is due to updating issues.

these aren't crucial, but i hope you take note of them:

3. inside this folder your script should be. i advise you to make it so that no pc editing is neccessary - this makes it much more enjoyable for users as they don't need to use their pc to start using your script. settings manager module is useful for this or you can write your own xmls.
4. all modules that you use that aren't included with python should be in the zip so that you can run the script without having to move this using a pc.. the same applies to graphic files as long as this is possible.

i hope you follow these guidelines and if you do not follow the first two the script might not be approved. it would also be nice if all script owners upgraded their scripts so that they could be run directly without any pc editing or moving of files.

if you are interested in the script installation script i hope you will take a look (link below) to check out the latest progress Smile

http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....4;st=15

thanks a lot for reading all this and for your support so far!
-enderw
xbmcscripts.com administrator
do we do a description/instructions in a readme.txt file or are you just using the description we write when we submit the script?

at the top of the script i have instructions, how should i submit those so they are available to your script? or are you not going to diplay any instructions?
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
(nuka1195 @ july 19 2005,00:01 Wrote:do we do a description/instructions in a readme.txt file or are you just using the description we write when we submit the script?
i use the description on the page. no way (that i can do) to read it out of the zip while on server.

Quote:at the top of the script i have instructions, how should i submit those so they are available to your script? or are you not going to diplay any instructions?

i'm not sure about this yet. if i will include it it will be a tag in the script.xml that is to be put alongside with your script. right now that one isn't necessary, nor supported. the best thing would be if people made scripts that had their own setups so no pc editing would be necessary (except signing up for things etc). it's not that hard to do really, just a little work.
i have put all settings in an xml, it's just letting the user know how to enter configuration mode and if any special keys do multiple tasks base on where you are.

i'll just put that in the description when i submit it.

thanks
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
(nuka1195 @ july 19 2005,14:06 Wrote:i have put all settings in an xml, it's just letting the user know how to enter configuration mode and if any special keys do multiple tasks base on where you are.

i'll just put that in the description when i submit it.

thanks
sounds good Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmcscripts.com announcement0