random newbie PVR questions

1) When I click context menu -> it pulls up "all tv channels" sidebar to the right and lets me navigate to all my channels. but no matter what channel I'm on, it starts at the first channel. Is there anyway for XBMC-PVR to know what channel its on and start the context menu from that point?

2) When I'm on the "now"(or even timeline) mode for EPG, there seems to be noway to change the channel from there. I'd actually have to load up the channel to do so. Is there anyway we can change the channel from this mode?

3) I want to be able to go straight to Live TV mode and have the "TV" turn on once I select it Live TV in the main menu. I do have settings in Live TV checked for "startup" but that only seems to work on XBMC startup and won't actually work when I select Live TV from the home menu. I have all of the options selected that should allow me to do this.

Any ideas? I love the way XBMC PVR is going, it's actually replaced WMC for me (albeit these few small issues)
For no. 2 open any epg element and you'll have the option "Switch to".

No. 1 and 2 would require some coding...
(2012-07-08, 16:00)gman3042 Wrote: 3) I want to be able to go straight to Live TV mode and have the "TV" turn on once I select it Live TV in the main menu. I do have settings in Live TV checked for "startup" but that only seems to work on XBMC startup and won't actually work when I select Live TV from the home menu. I have all of the options selected that should allow me to do this.

Its on future request: https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/issues/210

The issue was opened 11 months ago so it does not seem to be a priority.
(2012-07-08, 22:12)mikrohard Wrote: For no. 2 open any epg element and you'll have the option "Switch to".

No. 1 and 2 would require some coding...

for 2) what i mean, is without using "switch to", like being on the main EPG screen, and just entering in a number. currently, that isnt possible (i dont think)

3) good to hear on #3 that its at least being considered.

Make a feature request for no. 1 and 2...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
random newbie PVR questions0