Linux TV Shows library disappearing after reboot
Hi

I have a HTPC with XBMCbuntu installed on it and I stream my video files from my other computer using SMB. All my files are well named thus its not a naming issue. Once I reboot my HTPC all my TV Shows files in the library disappear. I still can watch and access the files but the library is empty. Weird thing is that the same thing doesnt happen with my movie library. I set up my XBMC for not scanning on booting.

I deleted the file $home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/Database/MyVideo60.db to make a clean scanning and the same thing happened after reboot.

Is anyone know how I can fix that ?

Thank you
I forgot to say but I have a script error on xbmc startup
script.watchlist error

Could it be related?
(2012-07-08, 20:05)polux Wrote: I forgot to say but I have a script error on xbmc startup
script.watchlist error

Could it be related?

No.

Probably you have enabled "clean library at startup" and because the smb:// drives aren't fully up yet it will think the files are gone and remove them from library
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
No, this option is disabled.
Hi, just out of curiosity, are your content settings for TV Shows set for videos?
No, they are set with TVDB. Like I said, it works well... until I reboot and then everything is gone.
Ok. Have you re-added that particular folder under another name just to see if that one worked normally after rebooting?
Yes I did but then nothing shows up in the library. To temporary make it work, I have to delete the database file and scan again.
the only other thing that comes to mind is to see if this is the same behavior in different skins.
It's definetly not a skin problem. I've tested it with Confluence. As soon as I turned the computer off and back on, everything in the Tv Show library was gone.

Somebody has an idea ?
I recommend rescanning your shows into the library and then enable debug logging. Reboot your PC and restart XBMC. Let it sit for a minute to complete startup and then try to access your TV shows in library mode. If the library is empty again, exit XBMC and examine the debug log (wiki) to see if there are error messages indicating XBMC was unable to access your media from the other PC. If you can't make any headway in your review of your debug log, upload it to a public paste site such as pastebin.com and then post the URL to that uploaded log here.
I did what you suggested me. Here is the link:

http://pastebin.com/udQw2v6a

Thank You !
maybe my hardsrive isn't working properly ??
(2012-07-13, 02:42)polux Wrote: maybe my hardsrive isn't working properly ??

*clean* reinstall. If same failure then maybe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows library disappearing after reboot0