New user: DVD iso question
I just installed XBMC on my Mac Mini to replace Front Row (hopefully).

Looks good so far except my DVD images (.iso files). These play fine as DVDs in Front Row (and also VLC), but XBMC just shows me all the vob and ifs files inside the VIDEO.TS directory. I can play individual vob files, but I'm sure that's not how it's supposed to work. In FR and VLC I see the menus etc. exactly as on the DVD.

All the searches I make confirm that XBMC plays iso files ... any suggestions?

Thanks!
Play the VIDEO_TS.IFO file. If you turn stacking on (on the left) it'll stack down to just the folder which is then playable.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thank you! That's the answer.

I have checked a large sample and so far I have only found one iso which has a problem. It just plays the opening logo sequence and stops. Any idea what might be wrong? (I checked that it plays correctly in FR)
Not all DVDs will work perfectly - the vast majority do, but some are just weird. If you can grab a sample of it that shows the issue (eg you might be able to copy out everything except the large VOB files into another folder and still reproduce the problem) then we may have someone interested in taking a look further.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New user: DVD iso question0