Add local info/artwork for movie sets.
So does Frodo introduce a method to automatically assign thumbnails and fanart to sets, or is this still "broken" (it will choose a random thumbnail/fanart that then needs to be manually fixed). Surely there must be an automated solution that would work for the majority of users.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
No not possible
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-11-23, 19:43)Martijn Wrote: No not possible

Honestly? It seems that box set scraper support is simply partially implemented, and with no thought for fanart at all.

Documentation has in the past mentioned "Set_<collection name>_1.jpg" for automatic boxset thumbnail selection, although this didn't really work, so is it really not possible to fix this feature and also add similar support for automatic box set fanart selection (eg. Set_<collection name>_1-fanart.jpg although a better naming convention could I'm sure be found)? Granted it's not a perfect solution for 100% of users, but it would certainly be a whole lot better than what we currently have which doesn't really work at all, leaving users the very tedious task of manually fixing boxset thumbnails and now in Frodo, also fanart (since this couldn't be changed in previous versions, but now it can and also needs to be fixed).

I'm not trying to be antagonistic, I just find it hard to believe this is "not possible".
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
The moviesets addon in passion-xbmc repository is actually deprecated. the addon fulfilled the function of creating sets and assign artworks, add and delete movies ...
How hard would adapt it to work with frodo?
(2012-11-24, 13:52)narvatu Wrote: The moviesets addon in passion-xbmc repository is actually deprecated. the addon fulfilled the function of creating sets and assign artworks, add and delete movies ...
How hard would adapt it to work with frodo?

Although that isn't really what I'm asking for here - I'm talking about sets that the user has already curated with NFOs, if you want to manually maintain sets using a seperate add-on that would require a separate discussion (consider that if you were to wipe your database after manually creating your sets and re-import, you'd have to manually fix all your sets again as any artwork you assigned to your sets would be ignored).

The IMDB scraper (which is the one I use for movies) is supposed to have set functionality (based on the <set> tag in NFO's), it just needs to be made to work in a sane way (ie. automatic selection of set thumbnails and set fanart). Manually assigning artwork is already handled by Frodo but it really shouldn't be necessary as this should be a function of the scraper which is already smart enough to recognise sets, but fails at the artwork stage.
I betrayed my bad English. Google translator is my friend
The idea under ​​my post was that the moviesets addon functions were integrated as standard features in xbmc, without a external addon.
In fact, the author of the plugin itself has created a frodo-compatible version of the plugin, now converted in addon, although his handling of artworks is worse (for my taste) than before
I'm guessing "not possible" means that it's not a feature for Frodo, and Frodo is already in feature freeze (which means bug fixes only are allowed at this point).
Thanks Ned, I guess we may have to depend on a plugin in that case, or are scrapers independent of the Frodo freeze? Still not sure why the IMDB scraper can't better handle boxset thumbnail and fanart, it's been a bone of contention for so long now. Frodo has at least allowed boxset fanart to be changed, but other than that there is no improvement where boxsets are concerned - it would be really great if this could be fixed, or at least put on the roadmap.
(2012-11-24, 21:53)MilhouseVH Wrote: Thanks Ned, I guess we may have to depend on a plugin in that case, or are scrapers independent of the Frodo freeze? Still not sure why the IMDB scraper can't better handle boxset thumbnail and fanart, it's been a bone of contention for so long now. Frodo has at least allowed boxset fanart to be changed, but other than that there is no improvement where boxsets are concerned - it would be really great if this could be fixed, or at least put on the roadmap.

Only in next version
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I know it is an older post, but wanted to point out a possible option on setting up movie poster & fanart.

Some people use a file structure where every movie is a standalone folder under a "MOVIE" or something folder. The only relationship in this case that any movie in the list is in a set is purely handled in the .nfo files. This is great structure if you have movies which decide to become sequels, as all that has to change is one line in an .nfo file, and refresh the movie on XBMC. The couple of cons to this are 1: if you use your movies in other things than XBMC, it is difficult to quickly ID what movies are in what sets, and 2: having movies saved under set folders allows a quick reference point that everything is showing up on your "sets" in XBMC (i.e. highlight the folders in the set, getting a count, and verify that it is the same number showing under the XBMC set). Because I had problems in the past where XBMC would NOT find all the movies on my server when asked, I would have to physically verify that everyone moved over. Because of that, I chose the Set Folder method. It is a little bit more of a PITA when you decide to reorganize how things are grouped together, but in my situation, I weighed the pros & cons, and that is what seemed the most viable for me.

Regardless, one way to set up movie artwork which would work for BOTH configurations would be to have a folder simply called "SET ART" or "Movieset Art". In that folder, you would simply have a list of all the posters and fanart for all of your movie sets. If you name a movie set "Transformers Series" for example, in that folder you would have a poster named "Transformers_Series.jpg" (or png) and a fanart named "Transformers_Series-fanart.jpg". Then, in the coding, whenever a "set" comes up in the .nfo files, it would look to this folder, and grab the poster & artwork named appropriately to what that "set" value is.

You could even establish the movieset location in advancedsettings so that it could be on a server, could be local, wherever.

Then you could even have it tied into the "magic" Frodo artwork juju now which checks the image every so often, and updates as things are changed.

Sound like a logical solution/layout?

Seeing as I have around 400 sets to weed through and fix, it would most definitely make my life easier.
(2012-12-23, 08:02)themaddhatter Wrote: I know it is an older post, but wanted to point out a possible option on setting up movie poster & fanart.

Some people use a file structure where every movie is a standalone folder under a "MOVIE" or something folder. The only relationship in this case that any movie in the list is in a set is purely handled in the .nfo files. This is great structure if you have movies which decide to become sequels, as all that has to change is one line in an .nfo file, and refresh the movie on XBMC. The couple of cons to this are 1: if you use your movies in other things than XBMC, it is difficult to quickly ID what movies are in what sets, and 2: having movies saved under set folders allows a quick reference point that everything is showing up on your "sets" in XBMC (i.e. highlight the folders in the set, getting a count, and verify that it is the same number showing under the XBMC set). Because I had problems in the past where XBMC would NOT find all the movies on my server when asked, I would have to physically verify that everyone moved over. Because of that, I chose the Set Folder method. It is a little bit more of a PITA when you decide to reorganize how things are grouped together, but in my situation, I weighed the pros & cons, and that is what seemed the most viable for me.

Regardless, one way to set up movie artwork which would work for BOTH configurations would be to have a folder simply called "SET ART" or "Movieset Art". In that folder, you would simply have a list of all the posters and fanart for all of your movie sets. If you name a movie set "Transformers Series" for example, in that folder you would have a poster named "Transformers_Series.jpg" (or png) and a fanart named "Transformers_Series-fanart.jpg". Then, in the coding, whenever a "set" comes up in the .nfo files, it would look to this folder, and grab the poster & artwork named appropriately to what that "set" value is.

You could even establish the movieset location in advancedsettings so that it could be on a server, could be local, wherever.

Then you could even have it tied into the "magic" Frodo artwork juju now which checks the image every so often, and updates as things are changed.

Sound like a logical solution/layout?

Seeing as I have around 400 sets to weed through and fix, it would most definitely make my life easier.

+ 1 I had the same idea. This would work perfectly for my me. Easy to manage, easy to implement and no issues when adding new movies to sets.

The only problem is the characters issue (i.e. : ? " etc.) which may be found in the set names but cannot be used in the filenames, but that is an easy fix.
You should take a look at Movie Set Artwork Automator. In the absence of movie scrapers with built-in set support it's a god send, and should now support most common library layout scenarios (single movie folder, set folders, artwork in a single folder etc.).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add local info/artwork for movie sets.0