Add local info/artwork for movie sets.
Have noticed recently that getting artwork for movie sets can be a hassle. With all the great new views and skins coming out it would be helpful to have all the artwork and info for moviesets so that they integrate seamlessly with our libraries. For example, currently if you want to display a logo instead of a poster for a movieset it can only be achieved via coding which is beyond a lot of the users.

The same goes for moviesets info/synopsis/plot. As I understand it, currently the only way to get this is for the given set to be present at tmdb. If it's a set you've created outside of that, you're out of luck. Having locally stored .nfos and artwork for moviesets and it be seen by XBMC could eliminate this.
+1 to this
How?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-07-10, 00:02)jmarshall Wrote: How?

I'm not a coder (barely amateur at best) and don't know the architecture of XBMC. If I knew how to do it, I would have done it already. Confused It's just a problem that has arisen that I thought was valid enough to be posted here.
The coding bit is the simple bit - that's not what I was referring to Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

For Movie Sets maybe this folder structure for Example:

Code:
Batman.set\set.nfo
Batman.set\set.tbn or set.jpg
Batman.set\set-fanart.jpg
Batman.set\Batman (1966)\Batman (1966).dvdrip.avi

or

Have The Set nfo in the same folder as the first scanned movie
Code:
Batman (1966)\set.nfo
Batman (1966)\set.tbn or set.jpg
Batman (1966)\set-fanart.jpg

where all else fails a person can place the MovieSet files in all folders pertaining to that set.
This layout assumes that you know how the set is gonna look.
This is fine for sets that already existent. However if you have a movie and they sudden decide there will be a sequel you need to change your folder structure. Also the 'first' scraped one can differ.
It needs some thought to get this right. Problem is that a set doesn't have a fixed path like a movie has.

Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
On a slightly related note, is there a file naming convention for set box art and set fan art which will be automatically picked up and used by scrapers such as IMDB, so that when performing a full scan it isn't necessary to go through and manually fix the box art/fan art for each set (it defaults to the art associated with the first movie)?

I manually group my collections into folders, eg. "Alien Anthology" and would like to set suitable cover art/box art for the collection.

Testing with 12.0-ALPHA5 on Raspbmc.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I like this one:
(2012-07-10, 04:46)isamu.dragon Wrote:
Code:
Batman.set\set.nfo
Batman.set\set.tbn or set.jpg
Batman.set\set-fanart.jpg
Batman.set\Batman (1966)\Batman (1966).dvdrip.avi
And then i assume the folder \Batman (1966)\ contains it's own nfo and art ect?
But have my doubts about making something like .set mandatory in a folder name (If you were even being so specific?).
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
(2012-08-06, 08:52)MassIV Wrote: And then i assume the folder \Batman (1966)\ contains it's own nfo and art ect?
Correct
(2012-08-06, 08:52)MassIV Wrote: But have my doubts about making something like .set mandatory in a folder name (If you were even being so specific?).
I was just using my own filesystem as an example. But I assume that alot of people that use sets have a folder for individual sets.
(2012-08-06, 14:01)isamu.dragon Wrote: But I assume that alot of people that use sets have a folder for individual sets.

Not me. I'm not going to locate them in set folders.
Movie x can suddenly have a sequel y and that would mean you would have te relocate those movies.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
So we still have no way to instruct the scraper which local thumbnail or fanart file to use for movie sets?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Just bumped into the same problem... The cleanest way to do that that I can think of would be including fanart and thumb parameters into NFOs like this:
Code:
<set fanart="path/to/fanart.jpg" thumb="path/to/thumb.jpg">The X collection</set>
With paths defaulting to moviefilename_movieset_fanart.jpg and moviefilename_movieset_thumb.jpg, wherever the movie file is located, for any member of the set, not necessarily the first -- whichever ones are present are to be taken as the default, and should multiple ones be present, they can be just selected through the normal image selection interface.
It would be easier if the scraper(s) simply used the following, in ascending order of precedence:

1. "folder.jpg" (for the movie set thumbnail) and "folder-fanart.jpg" (for the movie set fan art)
2. "Set_<collection name>_1.jpg" (thumbnail) and "Set_<collection name>_1-fanart.jpg" (fan art)

or any combination of 1 & 2, eg. "folder.jpg" and "Set_<collection name>_1-fanart.jpg"

And finally...

3. From the NFO (though this then requires each movie NFO to reference the same thumbnail/fanart, which is redundant information)

I really hope there will be a solution to this, as it's a royal PITA having to "fix" the box sets thumbnails and fan art each time.
(2012-10-02, 12:24)MilhouseVH Wrote: It would be easier if the scraper(s) simply used the following, in ascending order of precedence:

1. "folder.jpg" (for the movie set thumbnail) and "folder-fanart.jpg" (for the movie set fan art)
2. "Set_<collection name>_1.jpg" (thumbnail) and "Set_<collection name>_1-fanart.jpg" (fan art)

or any combination of 1 & 2, eg. "folder.jpg" and "Set_<collection name>_1-fanart.jpg"

That's... not quite going to work. Example use case: All my movies are in the same directory, which contains multiple sets. Some set names contain characters illegal for use in filenames. This way I can't use either of those two.

(2012-10-02, 12:24)MilhouseVH Wrote: 3. From the NFO (though this then requires each movie NFO to reference the same thumbnail/fanart, which is redundant information)

Why 'each'? One member of a set containing those references should be quite sufficient.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add local info/artwork for movie sets.0