Master lock issues at startup
Hi all,

I enabled master lock in version 11.0 to lock file manager and settings, but everytime I start XBMC I get prompted for the unlock code. I can click "x" to close it out and it does go away after closing it 3 times. (it reopens the popup to enter the unlock code each time I click "x" , and loops 3 times. Then it closes and allows normal use of XBMC , even normal functionality of the master lock) "prompt for unlock code at startup" is not checked off.

I have XBMC set to update my video and music library at startup, so I disabled the file manager option in master lock thinking it was intefering, but it didn't help. I couldn't find any existing posts in the forums so I figured I'd post.

Thanks for any and all help!

version 11.0 Eden
Win 7 x64

Hi,

I assume that you have unchecked System->Settings->Master lock->Ask for master lock code in startup.

If you are using Profiles thers also an option to password protect the profile.
Been using XBMC only since early Dharma.

Been having this exact same problem in Eden.

Just set up V12 RC3 and it still is a problem.

Steps to reproduce.

Add 2 souces to Videos, 1 x Kids Movies, 1 x Other Movies
Add Master lock code (I have used full text password)
Ensure 'Ask for master lock code in startup.' is UNchecked
Only lock:
  • Lock Programs and Script windows
  • Lock File Manager
  • Lock settings
  • Lock Add-on Manager
Then set lock only on the 'Other Movies' source, I used 4 digit numeric password.

Confirm all works as expected when viewing movies in library.

Quit xbmc and restart it.

3 x master lock windows appear... cry.

Using XBMC on windows XP.
Looks like this is unchanged in the Frodo 12.2 release? I still get the master lock code prompt at startup even with the "Ask for master lock code at startup" setting disabled.

I checked trac.xbmc.org and didn't see an open bug for this issue.

Is this a known issue or not?
It's an issue if you have "lock programs and scripts" enabled. Any add-ons that run during startup will trigger the lock popup.

When the setting was added, "programs and scripts" were not common to run at start up, I assume. Now we have ones that often run all the time for things like skin enhancements and episode checkers and more. The long term fix would be to change it form an "all or nothing" switch to something that could switch off only specific types of add-ons. For example, master lock just for "video add-ons".
That provides a workaround in the meantime...thanks for the reply.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Master lock issues at startup0