LIRC Doesn't Recognize MCE Keyboard Commands
I just recently built my first HTPC. My motherboard is an ASRock A75M-ITX, which has CIR header pins on it. I wanted to be able to turn my system on using my Harmony 550 remote, so I bought this Inteset CIR receiver. I'm running a preview version of XBMCbuntu 12.04.

Reading the XBMC Hardware forum, I'd seen a lot of discussion about using MCE Remote or MCE Keyboard as a part of the Harmony setup to work with CIR. So after I installed the Inteset CIR receiver, I created both an MCE Remote and MCE Keyboard device for my Harmony remote to test. The good news is that my Harmony works for keys setup to send signals using the MCE Remote device. But MCE Keyboard signals are not recognized.

My issue is that I would like to use the MCE Keyboard device in my Harmony remote. I know that I can change Lircmap.xml and remote.xml to translate my MCE Remote commands to XBMC actions. But it's annoying to have to change the mappings all around, and I had the impression that the MCE Keyboard should work. Also, the number of available MCE Remote commands is much smaller than the Keyboard. I'm wondering if I don't have LIRC setup properly, or that I need a different driver? Below is some of the testing that I did last night trying to solve this issue.

To check, I ran 'irw'. MCE Remote commands were displayed, but nothing for the MCE Keyboard. LIRC is configured to use Windows Media Center receiver, and None for transceiver.

From what I've read, the Inteset CIR uses the nuvoton-cir driver. Using 'dmesg', it looks like the nuvoton-cir driver is being loaded properly. I had expected the LIRC configuration to have a Nuvoton option for receivers, but there isn't one in the list. (Though there is one for Winbond, which I think was a precursor to Nuvoton).

Some other posts talked about using ir-keytable instead of, or in conjunction with, LIRC. I installed ir-keytable and it recognized my CIR receiver (sorry, I'm at work and can't paste the exact output). But it did show the nuvoton-cir driver being used, and the protocol as LIRC. Interestingly when I ran the command

Code:
sudo ir-keytable -s rc0 -t

neither my MCE Remote or MCE Keyboard commands were recognized.

The only other idea I've come across is to uninstall LIRC and see if the Harmony remote commands are then recognized in ir-keytable.

Any ideas would be appreciated, and if I need to post more information, let me know.
im having the same issues , i was thinking i need to add codes/commands to the remote config file but would that help considering irw shows nothing ?
I have the same problem. I'm using a standard HP MCE IR Receiver and Harmony 600 with MCE Keyboard profile. IRW doesn't recognize any button presses associated with the MCE Keyboard profile. Running Eden XBMCbuntu standard release, fresh install. MCE Remote button presses flow through nicely, so I know the remote and IR are working.

Mode2 and the red light on the IR receiver register activity when pressing the MCE Keyboard buttons, so something appears disconnected between the IR driver and IRW.

Thoughts on how to proceed? Others have states it works out of the box, but sadly that's not what I'm seeing.
I'm experiencing the same issues, initially I had set up my XBMC yesterday on Windows7, however, I wanted the Acer Revo RL70 to act more like an appliance so I downloaded and installed XBMCbuntu package and it's currently running via a USB key. When I originally had set up XBMC on Windows, I set up my Harmony 700 remote with both MCE Remote and MCE Keyboard commands and all worked well. I decided to use the XBMCbuntu package to make the Acer seem more like an out of the box solution for my family and I was disappointed that the MCE Keyboard commands are not being recognized. I know I did a lot of things yesterday to get it set up and I dont remember if there was something specific that I downloaded to make this work... I tried installing keyboard.xml_v1.84.zip and its telling me that the add on does not have the correct structure.

How can I get my Linux XBMCbuntu machine to accept MCE Keyboard commands?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LIRC Doesn't Recognize MCE Keyboard Commands0