advancedsettings in different profiles
Hello guys,

here is my problem:

i've got an XBMC set up on my mac and on my apple tv - everything is working fine. I've added an own mysql-database and my NAS in the advancedsettings of the masterprofile.

Now I installed XBMC on my iPad and put the advancedsettings into the right folder. It's working too..

but for mobile reasons I need another "clean" XBMC-profile. Ok, here we go. I created a new profile and saw, that it was created directly in the filesystem. I called it for testing reasons "tmp". Then I've added an empty advancedsettings into this folder (also tried without any file) and logged into the profile.

But whyever I see my master-database even within the user-profile. In the Debug Log I can see:

Code:
20:46:42 T:62504960  NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: special://masterprofile/
20:46:42 T:62504960  NOTICE: Loaded settings file from special://profile/advancedsettings.xml
20:46:42 T:62504960  NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
                                            <advancedsettings>
                                              <videodatabase>
                                                <type>mysql</type>
                                                <host>...............................

and a bit later

20:46:52 T:62504960  NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: special://masterprofile/profiles/tmp/
20:46:52 T:62504960  NOTICE: Loaded settings file from special://profile/advancedsettings.xml
20:46:52 T:62504960  NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
                                            <advancedsettings />
20:46:52 T:62504960  NOTICE: Getting hardware information now...
20:46:52 T:62504960  NOTICE: Checking resolution 12

... so I can see the right advancedsettings-file is loaded to the tmp-profile.

So why can I access the movies, music and so on from the master-profile-user?! While creating the tmp-user I clicked "start with empty profile" so no data were copied.

I'm confused...
Greetz
HOW-TO:Sync multiple libraries/Portable devices and profiles (wiki)
Looks like the structs aren't cleared out...
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Fixed in https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/1769...e1f1c0f16f

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
advancedsettings in different profiles0