automatic .nfo update
Hy.. i think there is a missing option in the libraries.

I use to love having all my library exported in .nfo files (as actors/fanarts/thumbs) ... I think it's great having them in that way because I can give a folder with a film to someone, and he don't need to download the metadata.

Now to perform this I usually use the option "export to separate files with fanarts and everything" but as my DB is comming greater, this option is going slower. And I realise that 90% of this time spent was rewrinting information that I allready have.

I understand having the database in a sql engine, can be great for querying and for browsing, so I'm sure the SQL DB it's necessary I'm only asking me if having an online replicated db in .nfo files can cause a great slow down of the system, I'm quite sure this option should not put an extreme overhead writing, the library is rarely updated (downloading metadata is the hardiest work, but beside that, updating the field watched, or the watch counter)

maybe there can be an option in the setting for:
Automatic Export/Update library in separated files

can be a great thing.
You can set it to not overwrite files, but I agree as the library grows larger so does the time it takes to export a library. It'd be nice if there was an option to check or a dialogue box to respond to so that it automatically dumps this data when scraping.
I would prefer an option to right click on a movie/episode/season and be able to export from there, only updating whatever is under the point where clicked. If I update the art or info for a movie it would be great to only export that movie and not the entire database.

Mike
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
dialog box when scrapping is not the best option... it can break the silentness of scrapping...

I don't care if the option is in the contextual menu or in a hidden xml, but I think that can be an useful option

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
automatic .nfo update0