Win MySQL DB duplicate movie titles
I somehow have managed to get duplicates of my movie titles, not sure how this happened. What is even more bizarre if i delete both entries they both reappear. I pretty sure I know the reason why. I have two databases now for some reason. This is only happening for my Movies, can someone point me to a query so I can tell which database is housing my TV shows, that will tell me what the proper DB is.

Also sounds like I should manually specify the DB by name in advancedsettings.xml
Fix your advancedsettings.xml and sources.xml , or better yet delete all but one of them and copy the remaining one to all machines. Drop the database and rescrape.

The problem is that the paths in advancedsettings and sources have to match EXACTLY including capital letters and whatever. Variances in the path statements are recognized by XBMC as different locations. You can verify this by right clicking one instance and looking at info, note the location. Now right click on the second instance and look at location, fix what's different.

Mike

EDIT: Different database numbers are different database versions, updating XBMC will cause new databases to be formed if needed.
Also delete all but one sources.xml and copy it to other instances as paths in there also need to match.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
You have two paths in your database pointing to the same file in different ways. eg one might include username and password while the other does not.

select * from path where strContent != '';

should get you the paths with content set.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-07-10, 05:25)Dilligaf Wrote: Fix your advancedsettings.xml and sources.xml , or better yet delete all but one of them and copy the remaining one to all machines. Drop the database and rescrape.

The problem is that the paths in advancedsettings and sources have to match EXACTLY including capital letters and whatever. Variances in the path statements are recognized by XBMC as different locations. You can verify this by right clicking one instance and looking at info, note the location. Now right click on the second instance and look at location, fix what's different.

Mike

EDIT: Different database numbers are different database versions, updating XBMC will cause new databases to be formed if needed.
Also delete all but one sources.xml and copy it to other instances as paths in there also need to match.

I would like to avoid doing this, though if I have too in the end I will.

(2012-07-10, 05:28)jmarshall Wrote: You have two paths in your database pointing to the same file in different ways. eg one might include username and password while the other does not.

select * from path where strContent != '';

should get you the paths with content set.

Forgive my ignorance but I can't seem to get that query to run in the mysql command line.
(2012-07-10, 05:54)glennbrown Wrote: I would like to avoid doing this, though if I have too in the end I will.

You could fix the paths and then delete the offending entries in XBMC but that may be harder.

Mike

If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2012-07-10, 06:01)Dilligaf Wrote:
(2012-07-10, 05:54)glennbrown Wrote: I would like to avoid doing this, though if I have too in the end I will.

You could fix the paths and then delete the offending entries in XBMC but that may be harder.

Mike

I noticed that on my "server" instance I was referencing movies via smb://odin/Movies and the livingroom htpc was via smb://192.168.1.4/Movies I changed the server instance to the IP but that doesn't seem to help it still keeps popping back in.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL DB duplicate movie titles0